Want to buy P3D have debit card. Is declined

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Vaski_ZF

Want to buy P3D have debit card. Is declined

Post by Vaski_ZF »

Hi I want to purchase v4, I have the available funds, a debit card which I use on every other website (just flight, aerosoft, amazon, ebay etc) just fine yet I can purchase P3D v4 please help.

J. Shaw
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Want to buy P3D have debit card. Is declined

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Sorry to hear you're having issues purchasing. All transactions are handled by a third party. If the issue persists you may need to try using another card or contact your financial institution to see if they are flagging the purchase.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
djomaster

Post by djomaster »

I have the same issue.

I'm living Sint Maarten (french side). Already contacted my bank regarding my VISA Premier and then told me that nothing is blocked.

Regards,
Johann
David Mills

Post by David Mills »

I live in Huntington, West Virginia (USA) and have suffered identical issues when trying to purchase flight sim products outside my region. Banks are tightening security and are making unfamiliar (to them) purchases impossible to process. I love ORBX scenery but cannot use my bank's VISA card to make the purchase from this Australian company. Even if you phone the bank and authenticate your identity and specifically identify the small-purchase item you wish to buy overseas, they STILL cannot process the purchase.

What's the solution? You need to buy a pre-loaded VISA card that will allow international purchases. I bought a card from AAA (American Automobile Association) that I use to buy ORBX products. There is a one-time fee of about $9, in addition to whatever amount you wish to put on the card. You may re-load many of these cards for free. If you buy a pre-loaded VISA card in a store, please be certain that it can be used to make foreign purchases.

I know the current security concerns are a true pain in the butt. But the limitations can be overcome. I was told by my bank that, even if I personally took my bank VISA card overseas myself -- as I would do on a vacation -- that the card STILL would not work and could not be made to work under any circumstances (for reasons of potential fraud). This is a growing problem, and a problem that flight sim vendors ignore at their own peril. This problem is afflicting more and more potential customers. I'm such an avid flight simmer that I'll take money out of the bank and drive to the AAA office and load it onto my second VISA card there, which works overseas. Other people, however, might consider this effort to be too burdensome and may simply refrain from buying certain products.