[RESOLVED] Download MD5 always incorrect

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
MITHology

[RESOLVED] Download MD5 always incorrect

Post by MITHology »

Hi, I have been trying for 2 days to download P3D V4 and I always get an error either unzipping or installing.

In both scenarios, I have turned off all anti-virus/Firewall defender protection:

1) Download full file with internet explorer, Chrome and a download manager. always wrong MD5 Checksum, which leads to unzip causing error

2) Downloaded one file at a time...same issue. Wrong Checksum and install gives error "0x80091007 - The hash value is not correct".

- OS is Windows 10
- Internet connection is wired
- Download speed is fast.
- Downloads always complete except once it failed. Clicked resume and completed.
- Never had issues downloading and installing big files/games. e.g Steam.

Can you please help?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Download MD5 always incorrect

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you attempted to contact your ISP as well?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MITHology

Re: Download MD5 always incorrect

Post by MITHology »

I solved the issue with repetition eventually and with a down manager. I don't know how, but I just kept downloading the file over and over in parts until the checksums matched. I don't know what was done differently, but it worked. If you don't have unlimited downloading it would be a problem.