[RESOLVED] Slow download - Scene5.cab

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
SteveMac

[RESOLVED] Slow download - Scene5.cab

Post by SteveMac »

Hi

I have successfully managed to download all the individual component files all except the file Scene5.cab. Each time I attempt the download is very slow and is showing a download rate around 86 KB/sec and then stops after 3 hours. As mentioned all other files have downloaded fine with a download rate of around 560 KB/sec.

I have tried several web browsers and this is the only file causing me problems.

Is there an issue with Scene5.cab?

Regards

Steve
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: Slow download - Scene5.cab

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hi Steve,

Can you try the steps explained in this thread here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120676
Specifically, try using a download manager. It may help if your files aren't downloading correctly.

-Brad
SteveMac

Post by SteveMac »

Hi Brad

Will give the download manger a try - just seems strange that it is this one file that is very slow in downloading. 6 hours in and the download speed is now at 50 KB/sec with still an hour to go. When I attempt to download the other files again they are still downloading at speeds of 500 KB/sec with no issues.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Steve
SteveMac

Post by SteveMac »

Hi Brad

I have now successfully managed to download this file. Using a download manger worked.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Steve