Shadows: building Cast turns Receive on too in the sim

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
J van E

Post by J van E »

Afaik when you have buildings shadows set to Cast only, they should not receive any shadows from other buildings. However, as soon as I ONLY enable Cast (and leave Receive disabled) I do see shadows being casted on other buildings too! In fact, when I enable Receive also, I see no difference at all. I get the exact same effect. So it seems to me that when you enable buildings Cast, Receive is automatically enabled too in the sim itself, even when the option remains unticked on the option screen. Is this a little bug?
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Sounds like it might be. We will try to reproduce it. Does this happen with all buildings or a specific subset? (Autogen, generic, landmark, 3rd party ad dons etc)
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
J van E

Post by J van E »

It's obvious on larger buildings, like in New York, which are all landmarks, but their shadows also clearly cover the small autogen houses around them, so it seems to work like this on every building. All my buildings are default ones.