ATC black screen issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JakeEyre

Post by JakeEyre »

Hi again,

When using the ATC window (which is a graphical step-down from FSX IMO - why no transparency?) when I clise the wondow, or move it to my second monitor, the entire screen(s) go black for c. 5 seconds. I can still hear audio, and when it comes back there seem to be no ill efects.

It happens every time I move, or close the ATC window

My specs will be in my sig in a short while

Many thanks

jake
rocketw31

Post by rocketw31 »

Back to the top. I also have this problem. As I heavily rely on the ATC for what I do, this has pretty much stopped from using the sim right now and only using FSX. I have no doubt that at some point I will only be using Prepar3d, but for right now this has me stopped dead in my tracks, since anything I do with ATC causes fits. Also, when the ATC window is open I loose my anti aliasing. I have verified that this does not happen in my FSX. I think that we should at the very least have the option to make the ATC dialog transparent if we want. I use a 2nd monitor so not as big a deal for me, but none the less.

Thanks for your hard work, you all have definitely taken a very large bite, I'm sure you can get it down with time and patience. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for your efforts!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

There are issues with DirectX and WPF when running in fullscreen. I understand that this is not the ideal solution, but running in windowed mode alleviates these problems.

Several other users posted concerns with the ATC window in this thread as well: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... opic&t=883
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead