P3Dv5 won't open

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: P3Dv5 won't open

Postby Martyson » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Yes I posted on their forums. It was their suggestion to add the exclusions.

Adding exclusions might be something to add to the debugging steps......
@ markr1085 ,
I checked the Active Sky forum for more information and seen the problem post (in the AS Beta Forum) and the reply:

"Been having issues just recently with CTD either at the splash screen or after sim loads (P3Dv5). After carefully de-activating and re-activating add-ons, I have definitively traced the problem to Active Sky. When Active Sky is disabled the sim runs just fine. If it is enabled the sim seems to break. I have 7514 installed. Any help would be appreciated."

"I added ActiveSky and P3D add-ons to the exclusion list and now everything seems to be working correctly."

Just to verify, you actually excluded several (AS and P3D Add-ons) to correct the problem?

I assumed that was your post reply, correct?

As I did not see any official reply from Active Sky Support in the forum topic.

I have used Active Sky for years and never excluded it.
Thus my interest.

If Active Sky confirmed your problem they, IMO, AS should add that Exclusion information to their installer.

Note:
Just to confirm if you were using a Beta version of Active Sky?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

CVGridley

Postby CVGridley » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi all,
This *exact* problem started for me about two days ago. Everything has been great with p3dv5.1, many, many fully successful flights. Then all of a sudden I'm getting a CTD right after splash screen just as the sim should load. No errors in windows event viewer. I've followed the debug steps and then some including driver roll-back (there was a nvidia driver update a few days ago).

I can't seem to find the post regarding ASP3d on their forum (unless it's this three-post thread called "ASP3D causes CTD" that doesn't have much info), and I'm curious too exactly what was excluded and where it was excluded (windows security/defender?).

Also, my CTD occurs even if ASP3D is not running. Does that mean I've got something else going on?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
sg

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Just Active Sky being installed may be enough, even though it is not running.

What is the Failing Module in the Windows Event Viewer?

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

markr1085

Postby markr1085 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm

I added exclusions to all P3D folders and ActiveSky. I have not had a problem since.

Go to Start Windows logo Start button > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security Circular arrows Sync icon > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:50 pm

@ markr1085 ,

As I did not see any official reply from Active Sky Support in the forum to your topic/post.

I have used Active Sky for years and never excluded it.
Thus my interest.

If Active Sky confirmed your problem they, IMO, AS should add that Exclusion information to their installer.

Did Active Sky support tell you to do a virus exception?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”