Better Tower View

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Fabiano

Better Tower View

Postby Fabiano » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:05 am

Hi Community,

how can I define a corrected and better tower-view, than the one presented to me at an airport ?

I would like to change it in position, height, zoom and rotation. I tried allready inside "camera-management" (P3D v4.5), gave it a name, changed some parameters (not all were changable though !) and saved it as "global" e.g.

But after restarting P3D, the view were not the same I defined it before !

What can I do to have e.g. an own tower view or better overview over the airport, which is selectable with a keyboard-shortcut ?

Thanks for your help

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Better Tower View

Postby Max Perry » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 pm

You could edit the existing airport using a tool called ADE (Airport design editor) to move the tower view and change it's height (or rotate the tower model). The tower view information is in the APX#####.bgls and is created in .xml. You can look in our SDK too and do it with just .xml if you are inclined!

cordially,

Max

Fabiano

Postby Fabiano » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Thanks Max,

so there is no "easy" way inside P3D to optimize the standard views or to create new ones ?

I checked with ADE, but I am really just a user, without hugh knowledge how to setup things and using ADE seems to me like starting a university career.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 pm

I'll have to look into your custom camera situation next. I'm not as familiar with it as the airports.

Fabiano

Postby Fabiano » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi Max,

what do you need for the camera custom situation - any log-file ?

Fabiano

Postby Fabiano » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:35 am

So, as far as I can see, me as a user of P3D v4.5 has to spend a lot more money (more than P3D costs) to buy a third-party software like EZdoc or ChasePlane to setup own VIEWS (e.g. 3 different views onto an apron of an airport) ?

Or is there an easy way to customize the views allready existing (with all parameters like heigt, rotation, angle, koordinates) ?

Thanks for any ideas

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”