CTD when changing aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: CTD when changing aircraft

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:28 pm

First vid I changed airports a default one and second just the plane. Someone has the same bug as per the title of this post 🤷🏼‍♂️
Which airport in the first video did you change to?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

jfwharton

Postby jfwharton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:30 pm

@ Martyson

Do you work for LM support? Are you a software developer or computer technician?

Matthew21

Postby Matthew21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:33 pm

First vid I changed airports a default one and second just the plane. Someone has the same bug as per the title of this post 🤷🏼‍♂️
I can’t remember I just clicked one

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm

@ jfwharton,
No, but, this is a user forum and support from all forum members is welcome.
No
Yes

Why do you ask?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Watch your video. Best seen on your monitor (not a screenshot or Mobile phone).
It will have the answer to which airport you switched to?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Matthew21

Postby Matthew21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Watch your video. Best seen on your monitor (not a screenshot or Mobile phone).
It will have the answer to which airport you switched to?
EKRD

jfwharton

Postby jfwharton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 pm

I ask to find out if you have any experience with driver issues, programming or are just giving others advise. I agree with the other poster that this is a bug in the software but right now I do not have the time ( the hours to uninstall everything and put it all back in again ). But I will see if I can manage to install P3D v5 to another drive and leave my original intact just to see what happens. But your advise is simply advising people to follow the troubleshooting steps and nothing else. In the mean time I am going to post my issue with Nvidia support to see if I can get some help.

Matthew21

Postby Matthew21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm

I ask to find out if you have any experience with driver issues, programming or are just giving others advise. I agree with the other poster that this is a bug in the software but right now I do not have the time ( the hours to uninstall everything and put it all back in again ). But I will see if I can manage to install P3D v5 to another drive and leave my original intact just to see what happens. But your advise is simply advising people to follow the troubleshooting steps and nothing else. In the mean time I am going to post my issue with Nvidia support to see if I can get some help.
Your just have to wait for a fix mate I’ve done that and had no help LM are the only ones that can fix this. What’s frustrating is there’s no transparency. Wish I’d stayed on v4.5 but one day it will be a good sim

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm

@ jfwharton,

LM staff watch all the forum posts.

You know that their names appear in Red in the forum replies, don't you?

Many problems are initially called bugs and some are found to be a bug and they get fixed.

You mentioned.
"But your advise is simply advising people to follow the troubleshooting steps and nothing else."
If LM staff notices a problem with any members posts or answers or replies they will let the person know about it.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

jfwharton

Postby jfwharton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Ok thank you for that. I should have an answer for you shortly. I renamed my v5 directory and then uninstalled v5 and am now installing it to a different drive.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Ok thank you for that. I should have an answer for you shortly. I renamed my v5 directory and then uninstalled v5 and am now installing it to a different drive.
@ jfwharton,

Just to verify?
Did you Uninstall P3D on your current (licensed) PC?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Matthew21

Postby Matthew21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:06 pm

You mentioned.
"But your advise is simply advising people to follow the troubleshooting steps and nothing else."
If LM staff notices a problem with any members posts or answers or replies they will let the person know about it.
[/quote]

Very very rare tho lol

jfwharton

Postby jfwharton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:15 pm

OK same result. Installed to another drive and I deleted the v5 folders under program data, appdata local and roaming. Started P3D V5 with the default scenario, once the scenario started changed from the F35 to F22 and got the same NVIDIA popup. Clicked yes to exit and because I click yes there is no error in the event viewer.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm

OK same result. Installed to another drive and I deleted the v5 folders under program data, appdata local and roaming. Started P3D V5 with the default scenario, once the scenario started changed from the F35 to F22 and got the same NVIDIA popup. Clicked yes to exit and because I click yes there is no error in the event viewer.
I have never done that.

Actually, I am not sure how P3D is set up on your PC now.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

jfwharton

Postby jfwharton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Since I renamed the original folder and ran the uninstall that removes the references from the registry so as far as the PC is concerned the program is not installed. Then installing the simulator to another drive does a clean install. Before the install I removed the programdata, appdata local and roaming folders so there is no previous information in them. Thus a clean install. After the test I uninstalled v5 and then deleted the programdata and appdata local and roaming folders, renamed the original simulator folder and now I am installing v5 again into the original folder and then I will restore the backups of the data in the programdata, appdata local and roaming folders so my original installation should be restored. I have done things like this countless times before as I was a computer technician for almost 20 years with several computer companies.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”