CTD when changing aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: CTD when changing aircraft

Post by Martyson »

@ jfwharton ,

These are the guidelines I follow the LM products:

I already asked you to check this one especially steps 5, 6 and 7.:
You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676

Note:
Your first reported problem in this topic was:
"Faulting application name: GTN Simulator.exe, version: 6.62.4.0, time stamp: 0x5ecfde0d"
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jfwharton

Post by jfwharton »

If you do not understand what I did and the results then I suggest you get someone from LM support on this thread. I originally reported a wrong error and did the test again which showed that the error was not with the GTN Simulator.exe file. And what I just did proves there is an issue with the P3D V5 HF2 software as it makes a call to the NVIDIA video driver when selecting a different aircraft. The whole point of the threat was that something in the P3D software causes the NVIDIA driver to stop functioning when a different aircraft is selected.

I forgot to mention that I had also renamed the Prepar3D v5 Files and Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folders in my documents before starting the clean install.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ jfwharton ,

I have an Nvidia card and driver an all has been ok with P3Dv4.5HF3 and P3Dv5HF2.

Maybe other pilots with Nvidia cards could add their information to this topic.
Best Regards,
Matthew21

Post by Matthew21 »

jfwharton wrote: If you do not understand what I did and the results then I suggest you get someone from LM support on this thread. I originally reported a wrong error and did the test again which showed that the error was not with the GTN Simulator.exe file. And what I just did proves there is an issue with the P3D V5 HF2 software as it makes a call to the NVIDIA video driver when selecting a different aircraft. The whole point of the threat was that something in the P3D software causes the NVIDIA driver to stop functioning when a different aircraft is selected.

I forgot to mention that I had also renamed the Prepar3D v5 Files and Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folders in my documents before starting the clean install.
unfortunately you won’t win with them I’m with you on the bug you’ve seen it in the video I posted. These guys see no wrong but when LM fixes it they’re gonna look stupid. Waste of time there debugging doesn’t achieve nothing.
jfwharton

Post by jfwharton »

Matthew21 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:06 pm
jfwharton wrote: If you do not understand what I did and the results then I suggest you get someone from LM support on this thread. I originally reported a wrong error and did the test again which showed that the error was not with the GTN Simulator.exe file. And what I just did proves there is an issue with the P3D V5 HF2 software as it makes a call to the NVIDIA video driver when selecting a different aircraft. The whole point of the threat was that something in the P3D software causes the NVIDIA driver to stop functioning when a different aircraft is selected.

unfortunately you won’t win with them I’m with you on the bug you’ve seen it in the video I posted. These guys see no wrong but when LM fixes it they’re gonna look stupid. Waste of time there debugging doesn’t achieve nothing.
I know I give up. Time to just give up on P3D v5 and remove it for now and go back to v4.5. Unfortunately I have never gotten much help through this forum.
Marty47

Post by Marty47 »

I have the same issue.
Same error
Same crash when changing aircraft
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

If you do not already have v. 5.2 HF1, then you need to upgrade to that version.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Matthew21

Post by Matthew21 »

I also get this error will have to wait for LM to fix it too many fanboys on here who always stick up for LM not mentioning names but I think you can guess 😂
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Matthew21 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:18 pm I also get this error will have to wait for LM to fix it too many fanboys on here who always stick up for LM not mentioning names but I think you can guess 😂
@ Matthew21,
Do a video showing your problem.
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Matthew21 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:18 pm I also get this error will have to wait for LM to fix it too many fanboys on here who always stick up for LM not mentioning names but I think you can guess 😂
Do you have v. 5.2 HF1?

As for the expression "fanboy", you quite evidently do not know me - or a couple of others who post around here.

But then again, we actually put in an effort to resolve our issues.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Matthew21

Post by Matthew21 »

JorgenSA wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:07 am [quote=Matthew21 post_id=247753 time=<a href="tel:1633720697">1633720697</a> user_id=128348]
I also get this error will have to wait for LM to fix it too many fanboys on here who always stick up for LM not mentioning names but I think you can guess 😂
Do you have v. 5.2 HF1?

As for the expression "fanboy", you quite evidently do not know me - or a couple of others who post around here.

But then again, we actually put in an effort to resolve our issues.

Jorgen
[/quote] yep on 5.2 hf1 oh the old fanboy ruffles feathers alot the posters on here know you defend LM
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I can only conclude that you do not want help, you just want to vent something undefined.

And why do I say that? Because you cannot be bothered to tell us what exact P3D version you have.

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I reviewed the posts in this topic.

Since this topic was started on Sep 20, 2020 there are only three pilots posting problem replies:

jfwharton (the OP) , Matthew21 and then recently Marty47 (3 days ago).

Matthew21 had already provided videos.

Matthew21 is running other software during his test to display FPS etc.
I had already mentioned this in a previous post in this topic.
I suspect it is Afterburner / Riva Tuner ( or similar ) which is known to cause problems.

Two pilots are having Nvidia (e.g., stopped working) crashes shown in the previous videos and also mentioned by jfwharton in his previous post.

Note:
Marty47 did not give any setup / system info details.
Best Regards,
Marty47

Post by Marty47 »

What sort of setup info do you need?
I do have MSI afterburner & Riva tuner installed. Can you ellaborate on what problems these cause. I use these to control fan speeds, display fps onscreen etc
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Marty47,

Allow me a quote:

"I do have MSI afterburner & Riva tuner installed."

Try disabling or uninstalling those two products, reboot your system and then try to replicate the issue.

Jorgen