TrackIR not working with P3D v5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Calum WE

TrackIR not working with P3D v5

Post by Calum WE »

Hi,

Could someone advise how to get P3D v5 to work with TrackIR please.

My TrackIR works fine with FSX and FS2020, but it wont work with P3D.

I tried a fix posted on the Naturalpoint forum, the makers of TrackIR. They suggested uninstalling Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86), as well as uninstalling the TrackIR software, then reinstalling.

When I did this TrackIR worked once with P3D v5, but after closing P3D v5 and reopening it again, TrackIR was back to not working with it again.

That mirrors what other people have said happened to them on the Naturalpoint forum. It's also not something I can keep doing as unfortunately it has corrupted my FSX program, and I will have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Do you have a solution please, that will get TrackIR working with P3D v5 please?

Thanks
Martyson

Re: TrackIR not working with P3D v5

Post by Martyson »

@ Calum WE ,

I have TrackIr but have not used it for a long time.

You mentioned:

"I tried a fix posted on the Naturalpoint forum, the makers of TrackIR. They suggested uninstalling Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86), as well as uninstalling the TrackIR software, then reinstalling."

Did you reinstall both C ++ 2013 Redist (x86), as well as the TrackIR software?
Meaning C ++ 2013 Redist (x86) is required?

Do you happen to know if TrackIr is working directly with LM on the problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
cjibbotson

Post by cjibbotson »

I have TrackIR 4 and it has always worked fine in all versions of P3D including v5 HF2.
I do have Chaseplane which has an 'Enable TrackIR' option so perhaps there is some intergration through that into P3D.

Regards

Chris Ibbotson
Calum WE

Post by Calum WE »

I did reinstall both C ++ 2013 Redist (x86), as well as the TrackIR software. TrackIR then worked once with P3D, and went back to not working again.I dont know what you mean by LM, sorry.

Also, after having done this workaround, FSX would no longer launch even after an uninstall and reinstall. I had to do a complete Windows reinstall to get FSX working again, so i wont be trying that workaround again.

Since posting this topic, I have bought a new PC for flight simming, and I have the same issue where track IR is not working with P3D v5, so that's 2 seperate PCs I am having the same issue with.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Calum WE ,

Do you happen to know if TrackIr is working directly with LM on the problem?

LM = Lockeed Martin
P3D support for developers
Best Regards,
Calum WE

Post by Calum WE »

I've no idea.

I've just bought Chaseplane so hopefully it will then work OK with P3D through Chaseplane.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Calum WE wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:59 pm I've no idea.

I've just bought Chaseplane so hopefully it will then work OK with P3D through Chaseplane.
@ Calum WE ,

I use Ezdok.
Ezdok also has the TrackIr enable Option.
But I have not tested it.
I can use Ezdok fine without TrackIr.
Best Regards,
Calum WE

Post by Calum WE »

I just installed Chaseplane and TrackIR works fine through Chaseplane with P3D, so that will be my workaround.

Thanks for the help.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Calum WE wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm I just installed Chaseplane and TrackIR works fine through Chaseplane with P3D, so that will be my workaround.

Thanks for the help.
@ Calum WE ,

Are you planning on following up with TrackIr support on your workaround?
Best Regards,
Calum WE

Post by Calum WE »

I'm not going to bother.

No one from their support forum replied to my post several weeks about my issue.

I guess spending £27 for another product isn't really an ideal workaround for everyone, but after looking at some review videos for Chaseplane I figured it would be an add on I would like anyway. Even just for more easily getting the perfect view from the cockpit seat.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Calum WE wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm I'm not going to bother.

No one from their support forum replied to my post several weeks about my issue.

I guess spending £27 for another product isn't really an ideal workaround for everyone, but after looking at some review videos for Chaseplane I figured it would be an add on I would like anyway. Even just for more easily getting the perfect view from the cockpit seat.
@ Calum WE ,

If you post problems in the future it would be a good idea to include information on all your Add-ons and workarounds.
Best Regards,