According to the Beta rumor mill (I can't divulge how I know this), LM is aware of this problem but cannot reproduce it on their default install. So, it seems we will need to do some detective work to see if we can figure out what the issue is. Here are some questions (feel free to add to the list):
1. Have you experienced this error with a default install and no add-ons installed?
2. What kind of sound hardware and driver version are you using (i.e. Realtek, etc)?
3. What screen resolution are you running at?
4. Have you tried turning off all add-ons and adding them back one by one?
5. What version of Windows 10 are you running (i.e. 190x, 2004, etc)?
6. What version of vcruntume140.dll are you running? To see this, open file explorer, navigate to c:\windows\syswow64, and right click on this file, select properties, then details and provide the version number. In my case, it is 14.26.287.20.3, dated 3/20/20, 5:57am. Please do the same thing for c:\windows\system32. For me, same version number, time is 5:54am.
The reason I am asking about #6 is that at least one developer believes the problem is due to mismatched dlls or the wrong dll version. And, if you are reading this and not having this problem, it would be useful to have the info also.
Let's try not to devolve into a discussion about who is to blame, but let's collect good data to see if there is a pattern we can supply to LM. I do not know why they won't post here about the fact they are aware of this but can't reproduce it.
Stay cool (it is 106 here in Tucson)!
@ Sky_King ,
What are your answers to the questions you asked?
“According to the Beta rumor mill (I can't divulge how I know this), LM is aware of this problem but cannot reproduce it on their default install. So, it seems we will need to do some detective work to see if we can figure out what the issue is. Here are some questions (feel free to add to the list):”
Maybe we could do a test flight ?
No saved flight.
Default LM startup scenario / flight (F35A at KRND).
Reboot PC before the test flight.
from KRND to :
you pick the default destination airport.
and the flight plan.
Basically a default setup to the extent possible.
Fly the default F35A or you pick another default aircraft.
No time acceleration.
Clear sky , no Wx program, no Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta)
Use LM ATC and some default AI traffic (some percentage)%
Note what the flight / ATC situation was when you crash.
Then I (and other pilots could also) will test the same flight and see if I can reproduce the crash on my setup.