crash to desktop when launching payware airliners

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Tozzifan

crash to desktop when launching payware airliners

Post by Tozzifan »

Hello,

with Quality Wings, PMDG, Aerosoft Pro airliners,
if I try to start a flight choosing them, the flight crashes just after launch from the main interface

if I launch the flight using the F22 (or Orbx' Bob, i.e.), then changing to the airliner once the scenery has been created, everything goes fine

thanks for any hint
FCXEVV

Re: crash to desktop when launching payware airliners

Post by FCXEVV »

Hi,

I take that as normal behaviour, with my payware airliner (not installed in p3d yet) running on FSX, you had to create a default flight with the Cessna 172/152, save it with the power on and engine running but also make it the default flight.

You did not need to load the default flight, you could select the airliner and run the sim.
You could then if you wished, put the airliner to cold & dark condition and save again.

So based on my FSX I would say what your getting is normal for an advanced simulated airliner.

It's probably the reason why the guys that help on here with problems, suggest you test with the F22 at the default airbase with no addons as with that flight, everything is running.

regards

Steve
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Tozzifan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 am Hello,

with Quality Wings, PMDG, Aerosoft Pro airliners,
if I try to start a flight choosing them, the flight crashes just after launch from the main interface

if I launch the flight using the F22 (or Orbx' Bob, i.e.), then changing to the airliner once the scenery has been created, everything goes fine

thanks for any hint
Best to leave the Default flight the LM F22 at KVPS.
Note: PMDG requires it (as do some others). Read the PMDG Introduction pdf / manual.

As for the CTD

Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the Faulting Module Name

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan »

thank you

I completely forgot that, confirmed also by the manual of CRJ Pro, bought yesterday, by a full warning page