[RESOLVED] Aircraft sink in ground after update to HF2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Bat737

[RESOLVED] Aircraft sink in ground after update to HF2

Post by Bat737 »

After having P3D v4.5 updated from HF1 to HF2, my aircraft sink into the ground. I have a screenshot, but I don't know how to insert this image in this post. As far as I can see this occurs only in the FlyTampa Amsterdam scenery (EHAM lies 11 feet below surface level). When I deactivate this scenery and use the default P3D scenery, I don't have the problem. Restoring my PC to the point before the update (back to HF1) also solves the problem. I will also put this post on the FlyTampa forum.
Martyson

Re: Aircraft sink in ground after update to HF2

Post by Martyson »

How to post screenshots, by Kayla, is here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=122277
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Bat737

Post by Bat737 »

Hello Vaughan,

Thank you for your reply.
It appears to be not that simple.

Step 1) Upload your screenshot to an image hosting website.

What is an image hosting website? Can you name me one?

Regards,
Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

A site you send your photos to.

The one in the link is imgur.com (look next to the [Copy] button) in that screenshot.

You can search the internet for the photo hosting websites (free and payware).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Bat737

Post by Bat737 »

Here's the screenshot.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
Psybear

Post by Psybear »

This has happened at several airports on my system as well. Most recently at Sim-Wings GCLP-Gran Canaria. Unfortunately, it seems to be rather random.

C
Win 10x64-256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v4.3-512GB M.2 960Pro | Storage-1TB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K@4.5GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200GHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070 Quicksilver/8GB(418.91) | 26W 1920x1200 | Crystal 460x-860Xi
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Could be, that some altitude files are missing. When you updated P3D4, did you delete the P3D4 folder or some subfolders? Some altitude files are still stored in Prepar3d\Scenery\world\scenery. In general, these should not be changed if you update. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not affect altitude files normally.

Try to reinstall an affected airport and see if this cures the sunken aircraft. If you have a backup of the above mentioned directory copy in all files with "alt" or "Altitude" in the name.

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

I got a similar effect after the HF2 update in combination with FSAerodata navigraph scenere, the reason was the changed airport altitude processing of HF2 as described in https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=135117.

First, in some of my non stock airports, the aircrafts stood on an airport below the airport (as in your picture).
After lifting up with a helicopter, it broke through the taxiway of the upper airport.

As I run ORBX, I tried to correct the airport elevation of these non stock airports by AEC (ORBX airport elevation correction, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dSXjqw7iY).
But after correction, the taxiways and runways of these non stock airports were lifted up some hundred feets in the sky.
So either my aircrafts were below the non stock airport or the taxiways and runways of the non stock airport were "high in the sky".

The only way to correct this behaviour was to move the fsaerodata scenery entries below the non stock airports.

So maybe you could move the affected airport scenery entries temporarily to the top of the scenery list and check what happens:
* If the airport elevation changes or even gets correct, there's something in your scenery order above your non stock airport that sets another altitude as that of these non stock airports scenery entries.
* If not, it's another problem.
Bat737

Post by Bat737 »

Hello Kevin,

I always feel ashamed when it appears that there's a thread on my problem already. I read it and I tried your suggestion. After having moved up the FlyTampa EHAM scenery to the highest place possible, everything is OK again. So it's a ranking problem indeed. Glad that I could solve it in this easy way. Thank you very much for replying.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands