Reverting to v4.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
montydon

Reverting to v4.3

Postby montydon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:26 pm

I have got in a real mess from which there may be no escape but I throw myself on LM mercy.
I had version 4.3 and it worked well. Through ignorence I did not retain a copy of the downloaded program-I just thought I would be able to get it if I needed it-well actually I did not think about it that much at the time
I had to re-install Windows so then to my surprise-yes I was nieve-I found the only full install is 4.5. This does not work well on my PC. So is there anyway around this please like uninstalling the v4.5 client and replacing it with the legacy 4.3 client?

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Reverting to v4.3

Postby Rob McCarthy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello,

Have you tried going through our general debugging steps to pinpoint the issue?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

It could be due to an add-on compatibility problem.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

montydon

Postby montydon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Thanks Rob for your speedy response. I will do what you suggest

The reason why v4.5 is not working as v4.3 did is because in v4.5 I load a saved scenario & I get say 60 fps-fantasic! Then I restart the PC having done something else and with exactly the same scenario I am lucky to get 25 fps. This happens in one way or another repeatedly. So its pretty unusable. Anyway I will try the debugging. Actually its probably me at 72 who needs the debugging!

Kind regards
Brian Gordon

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Thanks Rob for your speedy response. I will do what you suggest

The reason why v4.5 is not working as v4.3 did is because in v4.5 I load a saved scenario & I get say 60 fps-fantasic! Then I restart the PC having done something else and with exactly the same scenario I am lucky to get 25 fps. This happens in one way or another repeatedly. So its pretty unusable. Anyway I will try the debugging. Actually its probably me at 72 who needs the debugging!

Kind regards
Brian Gordon
Just for info:
I lock my FPS at 20 (sometimes 25) and all ok with all my add-ons on a 2 monitor setup with an older PC.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

FSTramp

Postby FSTramp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:52 am

NVIDIA: If the frame rate of the simulator drops sharply, the power management of the GPU slows down prematurely. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, change the option 'Manage 3D settings - Power management mode' to 'Adaptive'.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”