ILS "beams" are visible v4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
AAL200

ILS "beams" are visible v4.5

Postby AAL200 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:16 pm

I did a client only update to P3D to v4.5. I am not sure when this started happening but I noticed it on the last few flights. On approach, tuned to the ILS or not, the actual ILS beams are visible. They appear as what I can only describe as a flash of light, althouth the beam is visible from the cockpit all the way back to the set transmitter location. I have been unable to take a pic of this yet as it happens fast. It does not seem to matter if I am at a default airport, an upgraded afcad airport or a full blown addon airport. Has anyone else seen this happen?
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

Martyson

Re: ILS "beams" are visible v4.5

Postby Martyson » Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

I did a client only update to P3D to v4.5. I am not sure when this started happening but I noticed it on the last few flights. On approach, tuned to the ILS or not, the actual ILS beams are visible. They appear as what I can only describe as a flash of light, althouth the beam is visible from the cockpit all the way back to the set transmitter location. I have been unable to take a pic of this yet as it happens fast. It does not seem to matter if I am at a default airport, an upgraded afcad airport or a full blown addon airport. Has anyone else seen this happen?
Are you using (have any selected) Navigation (top P3D menu) / Navigation Visuals?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

AAL200

Postby AAL200 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Are you using (have any selected) Navigation (top P3D menu) / Navigation Visuals?
I checked and the box has nothing.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat May 04, 2019 8:58 pm

I checked and the box has nothing.
Can you do a video of what you are seeing?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

downscc

Postby downscc » Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 pm

Sounds like the airport beacon?
Dan Downs
KCRP

MD_Flier

Postby MD_Flier » Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am

I've seen it a several times and I caught part if it in a screen shot. To me, it looks like it is tied to the OM or MM (outer or middle markers).

WarpD

Postby WarpD » Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 pm

That is not a normal sim behavior. You must have an addon that does this.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”