[RESOLVED] Flaps and Elevator trim stop working in P3Dv4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
DaveB

[RESOLVED] Flaps and Elevator trim stop working in P3Dv4.5

Post by DaveB »

Both the Flaps and Elevator trim stop working even in default planes like the Raptor F22. I use GoFlight GF-SECM and GoFlight GF-LGT both of which have a flaps control built in but neither will work, and neither will the keyboard short cut keys F5-F8 If I reinstall the P3Dv4.5 Client and the Content it does get them working but if I change aircraft a couple of times they stop working. I've done about six or seven reinstals and it's getting to me. What is wrong with P3Dv4.5?
Martyson

Re: Flaps and Elevator trim stop working in P3Dv4.5

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:11 pm Both the Flaps and Elevator trim stop working even in default planes like the Raptor F22. I use GoFlight GF-SECM and GoFlight GF-LGT both of which have a flaps control built in but neither will work, and neither will the keyboard short cut keys F5-F8 If I reinstall the P3Dv4.5 Client and the Content it does get them working but if I change aircraft a couple of times they stop working. I've done about six or seven reinstals and it's getting to me. What is wrong with P3Dv4.5?
The f22 has auto-flaps. Do you select alt/flaps from the VC cockpit panel?

Do you reboot the PC between flights and tests?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

It's nearly all the default aircraft suffering perhaps mentioning the F22 was wrong. Just one or two of my payware work thats why I cant understand why some not others work. I've tried reinstalling client and content but it's the same. I can get perhaps one flight ok then if I change aircraft and later go back to the one that was working it no longer works :(
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm It's nearly all the default aircraft suffering perhaps mentioning the F22 was wrong. Just one or two of my payware work thats why I cant understand why some not others work. I've tried reinstalling client and content but it's the same. I can get perhaps one flight ok then if I change aircraft and later go back to the one that was working it no longer works :(
Do you reboot the PC between flights and tests?
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

No, I've never needed to in the past it always worked
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 pm No, I've never needed to in the past it always worked
I always do.
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

The only plane I've ever had to do on boot up is the PMDG 737-800, but with all other planes I've never had this problem that the flaps and elevator trim would not work. :(
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 pm The only plane I've ever had to do on boot up is the PMDG 737-800, but with all other planes I've never had this problem that the flaps and elevator trim would not work. :(
If you re-boot your PC between each flight or test are all flight controls and flaps working on all aircraft?
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Yes every aircraft work ok from a clean boot up but if I try and change the same plane to a different livery it stops working. I've never had this before I could even change liveries when flying. :(
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 pm Yes every aircraft work ok from a clean boot up but if I try and change the same plane to a different livery it stops working. I've never had this before I could even change liveries when flying. :(
Good, I am glad to hear it is working on your current setup. Have a good flight.
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Ok so it will work from a cold boot up, but the problem is not fixed because I can't use the save to a scenario. If I save a flight when it is working when I install from the saved scenario the flaps and elevator trim won't work.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:07 am Ok so it will work from a cold boot up, but the problem is not fixed because I can't use the save to a scenario. If I save a flight when it is working when I install from the saved scenario the flaps and elevator trim won't work.
Which default aircraft are you testing with?

If you save a flight.
Exit P3D.
ReBoot the PC.
Start P3D.
Load the saved flight.

Are the flaps and elevator trim working?
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

No
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:04 amNo
Which default aircraft are you testing with?
Best Regards,
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I've only test the Lockheed L049 AC11 Commander and the Mooney bravo but the Mooney Bravo works ok some of my addons work such as the Rikoooo 737 package but most of the addons don't work other than when first booted up.