Out of Memory

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
IanHarr

Out of Memory

Postby IanHarr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:09 am

I just tried to take off from London City Airport in a stock single engine Bravo and got the dreaded OoM message.

I was trying out the new Orbx England South.
I have a GTX 1080 8gb,16 gb Ram, and an i7 6700k @ 4.4.

I thought this was impossible with Win 10 and P3D v4?

Ian Harrison

Simbol

Re: Out of Memory

Postby Simbol » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 am

Can you replicate the error and check your video card memory usage and PC memory usage?

The new Orbx England South has to be tweaked carefully via its control panel as it introduces lots of objects that can starve your video card memory, specially if you have all the P3D settings sliders to the right.

For the record, this is not the same OoM message you used to get with 32bit versions of the simulator, the simulator will never run out of ram as it has now access to the 64bit memory area, however your video card can run out of VRam with very demanding add-on's as ORBX TE South if you are not careful with your graphics settings and the add-on configuration.

The same can happen with any other video game / simulator, I have seem this errors in Unreal Engine, Ubisoft Products, Call of duty, etc. the more you ask to your video card, the more VRAM and power your GPU will need.

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”