[RESOLVED] Board warning issued

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
monir geadah

[RESOLVED] Board warning issued

Post by monir geadah »

I was issued with the following warning by private message from the LM board tow days ago regarding my posting of my screen shots on the screen shots forum: [ Stop putting links to random websites in these. ]

I replied by saying I was using my image hosting site on this forum for a long time as it is easy to use also free and previously recommended on this forum.
I asked for a further explanation but none received so far ?

What is an acceptable screen shots hosting site by LM Board?

Please I need a Clarification on that if you please.

This has stopped me from finishing an important thread on the hard ware forum.

Regards

Dr Monir Geadah
Natasha Rice

Re: Board warning issued

Post by Natasha Rice »

You can follow the screen shot guide at http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=122277
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hey Monir,

The warning was about including website links to "babynames" and "nearest bank near me" I think that when you copied the links over they added bogus links that weren't images. I had manually gone through and deleted the "extra" links and left the pictures.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank you Brady an Natasha.

I am terribly sorry that this could happen and ruin our peace for two days. None of my doing or knowledge .
P3D flight simulation is one of the hobbies I thoroughly enjoy after my retirement as Medical Consultant in England for many years.

Unfortunately the method recommended by Natasha does not work with Postimage hosting site , Only posting the hotlink to the forum which works OK.

Is it OK to try posting again safely I hope ?

What image hosting sites other members using safely and successfully ?

Regards and best wishes.

Monir
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hey Monir,

Yeah you'll be fine, just double check the links and make sure they're all the pictures. For a minute I thought your account got hacked somehow, but it was probably just adding another link to your clipboard when you copied.

Happy flying!
Brady
Brady Butler
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

THIS ONE IS FOR YOU Brady, being the clever P3D V4.4 software engineer. Showing how well P3D is performing with all Sliders maxed, all shadows active and fey water reflections on too . guess where is that in France. The frame rates suffers a bit with the water reflections of terrain, buildings and sim objects ticked. Ticking the shadows sites alone has no big hit on the frame rates.

Monir
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Looks good! I don't mean to be a spoil sport but the LLA at the top left gives it away. Without that, however, I'd have no idea haha.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Well Spotted Brady! I thought those characteristic buildings in the second shot may be a give away especially if you have previously visited the place i.e. Glorious Nice in France.

Being a P3D software engineer, may I enquire why in the P3D V4.4 , the option in the start menu for emptying or not emptying the scenery on exiting P3D was taken away ? I used not to empty my extensive active loaded scenery on exit which I thought was a great help in reducing the loading time on next start of P3D ?

Would it be possible to reinstate that option in future version ?

Regards

Monir
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"the option in the start menu for emptying or not emptying the scenery on exiting P3D "

Best to start a new topic for the software feature request:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6317
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

All done as advised and dealt with successfully.

Thanks and regards

Monir