Invisible ATC Window

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RossG

Invisible ATC Window

Post by RossG »

I have an odd Problem. At night in VR my ATC window will not display. Once in a great while I can get it to pop up but 95% of the time I can not see it. This does not affect daytime flying. I have checked my transparency slider and it has no affect. Anyone have a solution for this?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Invisible ATC Window

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you only seeing this with the ATC window or other panels as well? Have you made any recent changes to your system including installing new add-ons?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
RossG

Post by RossG »

I am seeing this with all 2D panels. I have been seeing this since 4.3. I have tons of addons but not one I can think of that would cause this. Mostly airports and aircraft.
RossG

Post by RossG »

I have looked at my addons and see nothing that should affect or cause this. Do you have any suggestions of what kinds of addons may cause this behavior?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello RossG

Can you try this small step in the link below, This will not effect your Add Ons.

Regenerate the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder to eliminate these from the Issue you are experiencing.

Try this and let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87#p189254
RossG

Post by RossG »

I will try and report back in a day.
RossG

Post by RossG »

This did not fix the problem. The ATC window opens but it is so faint it can just barely be seen. Unreadable.
RossG

Post by RossG »

*BUMP*
SWinsnes

Post by SWinsnes »

Hi, I have migrated to P3D and FSLabs A320-X from X-Plane 10 FF A320U. Very impressed! I used VR (FlyInside and Rift) in X-Plane and I am using P3D internal VR and Rift now. Things are moving forward and I am getting to know the P3D v4.5 ecosystem. But the OP stated an issue that I am also experiencing. I have defined '3dp' parameters for some pop up panels I need in VR: CPT MCDU, F/O MCDU, EWD and SD. And also the ATC pop up, which is great! I now get the AS4 weather report into the cockpit in writing... All this works perfectly in daylight. But at night none of the pop up panels can be seen. Either they do not pop up or they are 100% transparent... I have set pop up panel tranparency to 0%. And I undock the tiny little white square in the upper left of the VC Cockpit prior to enabling VR, so no big white square in my face anymore.

Has any one learnt something since the issue was posted by the OP?

Any response would be very much appreciated :-) Thanks, and
Kind regards Svend W
SWinsnes

Post by SWinsnes »

UPDATE: Images showing the behavior:

1. Correct behavior during daytime:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Haj9c ... Bn_BkcQmmR

2. Missing pop ups at night:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dbvVE ... zpkpyOWlbH
The same pop ups as in the daytime image are active, and are shown also at night time in Virtual Cockpit (VR disabled in P3D menu).

I will test and see at what light conditions / time of day the pop ups are not shown anymore.
Kind regards Svend W
Kind regards Svend W

Sim: P3D4.5, FSLabs A320-X, AS4, ULT, FSUIPC, FlyInside.
PC: AMD FX-8150 8-core OC @4.5 GHz water cooled, 16 GB DDR3 OC @2100MHz DRAM, Nvidia GTX 1070ti, 1400W PSU.
SWinsnes

Post by SWinsnes »

After testing by changing the time of day while in VR, it seems that the pop ups abruptly disappears at a point where the day type changes from 'day' to 'dusk'. At this time, there is a load of new terrain data (and shaders?).

I will uninstall everything related to Prepar3D including AS4, A320-X and airports and start again from scratch. If the issue still exists I will open a ticket with LM support.
Kind regards Svend W

PC: AMD FX-8150 8-core OC @4.5 GHz water cooled, 16 GB DDR3 OC @2100MHz DRAM, Nvidia GTX 1070ti, 1400W PSU.
SWinsnes

Post by SWinsnes »

During reinstall, everything with VR and 2D pop ups worked perfectly until after I had reinstalled JustSim LEBL airport with SODE. Then the issue was back, no 2D pop ups in VR, except for a very few times. Testing with the ATC window. It seems it comes up occasionally if I am looking backwards (in VR) to the rear of the aircraft as I activate the pop up, and see it when I look forwards again. If I look forwards when activating e.g. the ATC window it never pops up in VR after the reinstall of JustSim LEBL... I am now uninstalling the airport again but keeping SODE installed before testing again.
Kind regards Svend W

guit32

Post by guit32 »

Hello
I have already notice this problem without any solution

[url][http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 206537/url]
SWinsnes

Post by SWinsnes »

After a full removal and re-install of everything, I am still not able to get the 2D pop up panels after dark with the P3D v4.5 version integrated VR.

I solved the pop up issue by installing FlyInside v1.98 for P3D v4. BTW, this also solved other issues, like double cursors (white dots) when closer or further away than the cockpit main panel (needed to use only left eye to place the correct cursor), double vision when zooming in on objects some distance away from the aircraft. In addition, I can now import windows from other running programs, like Pilot2ATC and Navigraph Charts. Running P3D with FlyInside costs a few FPS but not anything that worries me on my not so hot system.

I used FlyInside for X-Plane 10 before migrating to P3D and FSLabs, Active Sky and Ultimate Traffic Live. GSX is in the pipeline. I also use PFPX and Pilot2ATC which I also used with X-Plane. XPUIPC is replaced with paid for FSUIPC. My VR setup is Oculus Rift with Oculus TrayTool.

This works for me ;-)
Kind regards Svend W

guit32

Post by guit32 »

I hope it will be solve quickly in the next version of P3D. This behaviour is boring, I can't use GSX at night anymore and I Don't want to use flysinside anymore.