Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
WarpD

Re: Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Post by WarpD »

When I do a comparison between Google Earth imagery and the photoscenery... I do not see that the photoscenery is dark at all. I am uncertain where you've determined that it is indeed darker than it should be to begin with.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
yankeegolf3

Post by yankeegolf3 »

as I wrote in a previous post the anomaly exists even with the default scenery. Photoscenery is not the issue but 4.4 is. granted not on all systems. Rolling back from 4.4 to 4.3 clears the anomaly.
Still no reply from LM.
PTA is payware. Tomato is freeware. Do you think that the latter will be of any use?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

yankeegolf3 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 pm as I wrote in a previous post the anomaly exists even with the default scenery. Photoscenery is not the issue but 4.4 is. granted not on all systems. Rolling back from 4.4 to 4.3 clears the anomaly.
Still no reply from LM.
PTA is payware. Tomato is freeware. Do you think that the latter will be of any use?
Do you have screenshot of default P3D airports / without add-ons like PTA / Tomato?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
yankeegolf3

Post by yankeegolf3 »

here it is. KBZN default scenery v4.4. If you don't call it ugly, nothing is
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I had a quick look KBZN:

Best Regards,
ibelarry

Post by ibelarry »

Yes I have the same issue with overexposure with UltimateVFR in the Southwest and even with MegaScenery in Georgia and Tennessee. I have tried adjusting lighting settings in both P3Dv4.4 and in PTA...no joy. UltimateVFR used to look really good in all the other versions of P3dv4
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ibelarry wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm Yes I have the same issue with overexposure with UltimateVFR in the Southwest and even with MegaScenery in Georgia and Tennessee. I have tried adjusting lighting settings in both P3Dv4.4 and in PTA...no joy. UltimateVFR used to look really good in all the other versions of P3dv4
I do not use any of those add-ons.
And I do not have an over exposed airport problem.
Best Regards,
ibelarry

Post by ibelarry »

Well aren't you lucky! Responses like that do not solve the greater issue of photo scenery being overexposed in P3dv4.4!
All other scenery such as ORBX is fine it is just with photo scenery in general
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ibelarry wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm
Well aren't you lucky! Responses like that do not solve the greater issue of photo scenery being overexposed in P3dv4.4!
All other scenery such as ORBX is fine it is just with photo scenery in general
Is this where a developer(s) of Photo scenery should be working directly with LM?

As you previously mentioned:
"as I wrote in a previous post the anomaly exists even with the default scenery."

So, I am checking my default / Orbx scenery for any possible problems.
None found.
Best Regards,
ananda

Post by ananda »

Surely it depends on the quality of the original photographs and the HDR settings?

Home-brewed scenery near EDRM:

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I went an had a quick look at EDRM area (P3D default / Orbx global).

Best Regards,
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

With the inability to reproduce the same conditions consistently across systems... this is going to most likely be a system level issue. When I go to any location stated, the color levels are all correct and not over-exposed at all. I do not have any post-processing addons installed on my system.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Larry_R

Post by Larry_R »

In addition to what Ed has mentioned and for what it’s worth, in working on the PR for my current project I see no significant difference between v3.4 and v4.4, and further, I can take a screen clip of the PR area from v4.4 and paste it into the PR Photohop file as a new layer and the match is essentially perfect. That is, what I see in my PR as I’m working on it is what I see in v4.4. I use no post processing, and no shader mods. I also calibrate my monitors periodically with a spectrophotometer.
Orbx Developer
Gigabyte GA z270x-ud5 mobo, Intel i7 7700k 4.2GHz, Corsair DDR4 3866 16 gig, Gigabyte Raedon VII, Win 10, Evo 960 NvMe 2TB FSX, P3D v3.4, v4.x, v5.x
yankeegolf3

Post by yankeegolf3 »

Anyone who is experiencing this problem with 4.4 knows perfectly well that it is not the case with everybody. What we need is help from someone whos has found a solution.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Since I am not sitting in front of your computer, it would be unlikely that I could resolve your issue. I also believe that to be true for pretty much anyone else. I firmly believe it is something on your system that is the root of the issue.

A thought.... Just because you uninstalled an application doesn't mean all files are gone. Any files that are created by the application running are not 'known' by the uninstaller and thus will most likely not be removed.

I believe one of these to be true:
1. You have something on your system that is overriding the normal behavior of the Prepar3D rendering process.
2. You have unusual settings in your monitor with regards to brightness, contrast, and/or Red, Green or Blue.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation