[RESOLVED] V4.4 Autogen Loading Times are horrendous (Drzewiecki scenery)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Britjet1

[RESOLVED] V4.4 Autogen Loading Times are horrendous (Drzewiecki scenery)

Post by Britjet1 »

I hope someone can help here because I am totally stumped!
Since updating to V4.4 I am finding that the autogen loading time is huge - much longer than 4.3.
I have two systems running both with 4.4 and they both have the same problem. They are fast PC’s and although I gave a lot of add-ones (ORBX etc) they used to load autogen in a few seconds - now it takes several minutes!

Is there a difference now in how 4.4 loads the Autogen?

Any suggestions appreciated - I have tried all the fixes so far mentioned including delete generated files, Prepar3D.cfg, shaders, and have reinstalled Client, Content and scenery.

Thanks for any insight..

Peter
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: V4.4 Autogen Loading Times are horrendous!

Post by Beau Hollis »

One thing we did change is that we now read all the autogen configuration files registered with the add-on system and layer the results so that one add-on doesn't override the rest. In the past, add-on developers had to include all of our default configuration data in their files, since they were also replacing ours. We didn't notice any big slow downs from this in our beta, but it could be related. Now that add-on developers need only include any new or modified entries, they should be able to slim down the size of those config files considerably. If this is what is behind the slowdown, then removing the redundant entries might help speed things back up. It could also be an add-on that doesn't fully support 4.4.
You might want to enable content errors and see if anything is being reported.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Manfred Maier

Post by Manfred Maier »

HI Beau Hollis,
I have already cleaned up a lot with ContentErrors.txt (wrong Airgaft.cfg for example)
but with the following I can't get clear. The current airport is ok, I checked it with ADE.
What can I look into further.

[error.0]
error = Taxiway path with 0 width
[error.84]
error = Taxiway path with 0 width

Regards
Manfred Maier
Best Regards
Manfred Maier
Britjet1

Post by Britjet1 »

Thanks for the reply Beau,

After literally days looking into this, the problem is with ALL Drzewiecki scenery, in particular the City versions.
I also found that UK2000 has problems here..
With this scenery deactivated the load is normal time.
Hope this helps others..
Peter.