pauses 4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gpf3m

pauses 4.4

Post by gpf3m »

I did a clean install of v4.4 and now I get long pauses every 5 minutes or so. The simulator will fly for about 5 minutes than pause/freeze for 5-10 seconds. This happens very frequently.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: pauses 4.4

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello gpf3m,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Specifically step 5?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
gpf3m

Post by gpf3m »

I did as suggested. The only addons I have are Orbx. It appears the Orbx sceneries are causing this pausing. The area is in Southern California. When testing V4.4 without the Orbx sceneries (Southern California, and The Open LC North America) the simulator is smooth with no pauses. It is only when these sceneries are added, that the pauses occur.
tsak

Post by tsak »

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I (and a lot of other V4 users) also have pauses, or more like stutters. I run Window's Resource Monitor in the background, and when the stutters happen (can also be a few seconds in extreme cases, like when approaching an add-on airport), I can see the prepar3d.exe is accessing files that have a longer response time (20 ms or more, up to 500 ms). These files belong to the scenery, as well as user and AI aircraft.

Is there anything that can be done? These stutters destroy the immersion effect of an otherwise nicely running sim.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

I thought something was wrong in my system but I am absolutely seeing this in 4.4

For example I have all Us FTX regions installed on top of orbx global + vector + openlc NA.

I am flying from Orbx KAVX in Realair Turbine to LatinVFR's KSNA on top of Orbx SoCal with UTLive AI.

Now I take off from KAVX and approaching KSNA in the horizon, the sim pauses and my GPU completely drops for a second and then the entire locks up and few seconds later it loads up and the flight continues. Why is this happening. I am just Prepar3d v4 in super fast SSD and Graphics is 980 GTX SLI and all my autogen settings are normal...only major thing is 4096 textures.

It is driving me nuts...but it is quite common in 4.4 vs older releases. I mean I am going from Developer to Developer...isn't Orbx in your beta team...maybe you guys can pass the message internal also.

My specs are i7-5820K 4.4ghz, 16GB Ram, 2x 980 GTX, Prepar3d v4 loads in SSD. Windows 10 Pro 1803
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

LM team any thoughts?

I have tried with no autogen (no buildings and no trees), even with no SLI. Still pause happen when approaching an addon airport. GPU plummets and then recovers

Using latest .22 drivers for GTX 980
tsak

Post by tsak »

Do those of you experiencing stutters/pauses have a low FFTF value set in den .cfg? Can a developer please chime in with some insight if that would lead to stutters?
BLB

Post by BLB »

I had this probleme with 4.3 but not in V4.4
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr
skyymann

Post by skyymann »

What is FFTF value?

Scott
Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go