DLSS and NVLink and VULKAN API

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
zap737

DLSS and NVLink and VULKAN API

Post by zap737 »

Will LM implement DLSS for P3D for the RTX 2080 ?

If so, when will it be implemented?

Will LM implement NVLink properly for P3D for use with dual RTX 2080s ?

Will LM implement the VULKAN API for P3D ?

These three technologies, if properly implemented, would bring a massive improvement in performance.
Asus Z370-A | 8700K @ 5.0 Ghz | 32GB DDR 4 | GTX 1080TI | 4K Monitor @ 30Hz | Samsung 970 EVO | Track IR 5 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil Mongoose Stick | TM Warthog Throttle | MFG X-Wind Rudder Pedals | Orbx Global | Orbx Vector | Orbx OpenLC NA, EU
Firerx_1

Re: DLSS and NVLink and VULKAN API

Post by Firerx_1 »

HAHAHA,
I was just going to ask the same question and you beat me to it.

+1
if you haven't already on you RTX 2080 set you reflctions to hig or ultra. you'll see some nice reflections in the glass from the opposite direction. :)
Firerx_1

Post by Firerx_1 »

wow, no response from LM??
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

DLSS barely exists at this point, with hardly anything supporting it. I think adoption should be slower than you're probably hoping for. I would wait and see what it actually offers, based on actual third-party benchmarks before I went screaming down the development path. Just my 2 cents.

NVLink has nothing to do with Prepar3D. It's just a different SLI connector with a higher bandwidth. Aside from that, there's nothing L-M needs to do as far as I can tell.

Regarding VULKAN... who knows. They generally never tell anyone what they're going to do in future releases.

You are unlikely to get a response from L-M that tells you one way or the other on any of these.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation