[RESOLVED] P3DV4.3 not start after NVIDIA update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
HB-JNA

[RESOLVED] P3DV4.3 not start after NVIDIA update

Post by HB-JNA »

Hi Guys

My simulator does not start anymore (according to the Task Manager), but nothing is displayed.That the startup screen with Prepar3D is displayed to me, but the actual main menu is gone, also nothing in the system tray.
I have this issue since today, after I installed the new graphic card driver (NVIDIA) Version 399.24.

Any Ideas how we can solve this problem?

Your tips are going to appreciated

Thank you
Martyson

Re: P3DV4.3 not start after NVIDIA update

Post by Martyson »

HB-JNA wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 pm Hi Guys

My simulator does not start anymore (according to the Task Manager), but nothing is displayed.That the startup screen with Prepar3D is displayed to me, but the actual main menu is gone, also nothing in the system tray.
I have this issue since today, after I installed the new graphic card driver (NVIDIA) Version 399.24.

Any Ideas how we can solve this problem?

Your tips are going to appreciated

Thank you
I have Nvidia 399.24 without problems.

Maybe reinstall your older (last working) Nvidia driver?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
HB-JNA

Post by HB-JNA »

The problem is that with the older driver the new Airbus A320-321 Professional crashed.
That‘s why I had no chance to update it. I‘m not sure but I think it have to be adhesive with the update driver.
Because before my Simulator works fine. D
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

HB-JNA wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:01 pm The problem is that with the older driver the new Airbus A320-321 Professional crashed.
That‘s why I had no chance to update it. I‘m not sure but I think it have to be adhesive with the update driver.
Because before my Simulator works fine. D
I do not have the A320.

My copy of PMDG737/777 is ok with all Nvidia drivers.

Maybe a A320 driver could comment here.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello HB-JNA

Can you try this small step first

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg and the Shaders folder and let Prepar3D generate these again when launched next

This will not effect any of your Add On's

You will just need to adjust your "World" settings again to your preference via Prepar3D > Options when you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file.

Copy the Text below and Paste them into your windows search bar, this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Delete the Shaders folder

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Then launch Prepar3D and test. Let us know how you get on
HB-JNA

Post by HB-JNA »

Hi Elaine

Noted and done but it doesn't work. Flightsimulator start but it doesn't generate the new Shaders.
For the moment none Shalder folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Still to show me only the Start up screen..

Regards,
Massimo
drcancerman

Post by drcancerman »

I may have understood it wrong, but is it getting stuck on the splash screen too? If I did misunderstand it, then my apologies. But it seems I also have the same problem. I've also deleted the shaders cache/folder, deleted the P3D generated files using the shortcut inside the P3D v4.3 folder, but to no avail.

This was working yesterday, the only extra things I did was installing, using addon.xml method new sceneries and repaints. And updated the drivers to 399.24 for my EVGA 1080ti.
HB-JNA

Post by HB-JNA »

drcancerman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 am I may have understood it wrong, but is it getting stuck on the splash screen too? If I did misunderstand it, then my apologies. But it seems I also have the same problem. I've also deleted the shaders cache/folder, deleted the P3D generated files using the shortcut inside the P3D v4.3 folder, but to no avail.

This was working yesterday, the only extra things I did was installing, using addon.xml method new sceneries and repaints. And updated the drivers to 399.24 for my EVGA 1080ti.
No this is exactly my issue too. The only Thing is that it does not generate a new sharders Folder.
I've have installed Fly Tampa EHAM and updated the Drivers to 399.24 for my GTX 980.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Massimo & drcancerman

Will Prepar3D launch if you move these 2 blue folders out of the Documents location and onto your Desktop ?

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Please see this short video https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=52s

If this step does not work you can just delete the new generated folders and move back the original ones

---------------

Also have yous tried rolling back the graphics driver to the previous one ? Will Prepar3D launch now ?

Ensure you tick the box for "Perform a clean Installation" when prompted during the Installation

Let us know how you get on
drcancerman

Post by drcancerman »

Poppet wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:43 am Hello Massimo & drcancerman

Will Prepar3D launch if you move these 2 blue folders out of the Documents location and onto your Desktop ?

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Please see this short video https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=52s

If this step does not work you can just delete the new generated folders and move back the original ones

---------------

Also have yous tried rolling back the graphics driver to the previous one ? Will Prepar3D launch now ?

Ensure you tick the box for "Perform a clean Installation" when prompted during the Installation

Let us know how you get on
Thank youuu!!!!

Now this is interesting, doing exactly that, moving the 2 folders out of the Documents folder worked! It even generated the contenterror.log again! I found the problem, it is exactly the addon.xml I was editing to add the new scenery. The encoding seems correct, as is UTF-8-BOM. Now I need to figure out what is wrong with it.
HB-JNA

Post by HB-JNA »

Hello

It works, so simulator has started but all my Aircrafts, like Aerosoft A318-A321 and scenery are not in the simulator anymore, is that normal?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

HB-JNA wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 am It works, so simulator has started but all my Aircrafts, like Aerosoft A318-A321 and scenery are not in the simulator anymore, is that normal?

These Add Ons are most likely launching from the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder you moved out of the Documents location and onto your Desktop, This action would of disabled these Add Ons.

Click into this folder, Can you see more folders here with Add On names ?

If so, Click and Move Only One folder at a time back into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, then launch Prepar3D and test to confirm everything is Ok at this stage.

Then move over the next folder and launch Prepar3D each time and test. You will find the problem Add On this way.

Try that and let me know how you get on
drcancerman

Post by drcancerman »

I didn't have time yesterday to do a lot of testing, but it seems P3D doesn't like colons on their file name paths.

I replaced all the colons with "-" and it worked.

It was:
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D_x64_ADDONS\Addon Scenery\North America\5KY4 - Standard Field, Elkton - Kentucky</Path>
<Name>5KY4 – Standard Field, Elkton - Kentucky</Name>
<Layer>127</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

To;
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D_x64_ADDONS\Addon Scenery\North America\5KY4 - Standard Field - Elkton - Kentucky</Path>
<Name>5KY4 – Standard Field, Elkton - Kentucky</Name>
<Layer>127</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>
HB-JNA

Post by HB-JNA »

Poppet wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am
HB-JNA wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 am It works, so simulator has started but all my Aircrafts, like Aerosoft A318-A321 and scenery are not in the simulator anymore, is that normal?

These Add Ons are most likely launching from the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder you moved out of the Documents location and onto your Desktop, This action would of disabled these Add Ons.

Click into this folder, Can you see more folders here with Add On names ?

If so, Click and Move Only One folder at a time back into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, then launch Prepar3D and test to confirm everything is Ok at this stage.

Then move over the next folder and launch Prepar3D each time and test. You will find the problem Add On this way.

Try that and let me know how you get on
I moved all add-on's folder to the previous folder, but I don't have my aircraft's and scenery.
The scenery libary looks empty only the defult airports are installed
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

HB-JNA wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:39 pm I moved all add-on's folder to the previous folder, but I don't have my aircraft's and scenery.
The scenery libary looks empty only the defult airports are installed

Hello Massimo

You will only disable your Add Ons if you ran the Delete generated files command from inside the core Prepar3D folder. This will not uninstall them just disable them.

What Add Ons do you have Installed ? Aircraft, Scenery & utilities ?