[RESOLVED] P3Dv4.3 default ATC stuttering

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Deltaaair123@1

[RESOLVED] P3Dv4.3 default ATC stuttering

Post by Deltaaair123@1 »

Hello Lockheed team, I have 4.3 installed and EditVoicePackXL as a ATC tool to aide with faster instruction times. whenever ATC speaks, or sometimes when I respond there is an unpleasant slight pause right before words are spoken. sometimes the pause is maybe a second long which kills the whole mood. My sim is silky smooth except for this odd occurrence. with numerous orbx products, AS16 plus rex SF running in the background, and UT Live for my traffic i am getting 40-60fps on the ground and 60fps in cruise. My settings are fair as well. the only issue is the pausing with ATC. Just to rule out the obvious I did uninstall EVP and see if the default ATC was doing this by itself and sure enough the problem was there. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am about to pull out my hair trying to solve this issue (unless a dev tells me this is a known problem) lol. thanks!
ErikNL

Re: P3Dv4.3 default ATC stuttering

Post by ErikNL »

I am having the same issue. To be honest, issue was already there, but since the release of the Aerosoft Airbus it is very noticable. I already have started a thread here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=130257
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

We cannot reproduce this issue on a default installation of Prepar3D in-house. Have you gone through the general debugging steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Deltaaair123@1

Post by Deltaaair123@1 »

I actually solved this issue by tweaking my Nvidia Control Panel P3D settings. Now it’s as smooth as butter. There is a Flight1 forum that lists some general rules for tweaking Nvidia to optimize your P3D and it actually worked! I have much smoother frames now.