[RESOLVED] P3D V4.3 Huge FPS impact

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Poppet

Re: P3D V4.3 Huge FPS impact

Post by Poppet »

Hello Hawaiianstyle78

Can you try this small step....

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder, Both of these will generate again when Prepar3D is launched next

Please see the link below for steps to take

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 48#p181752

Let us know how you get on
Firerx_1

Post by Firerx_1 »

Agree Elaine,
we shouldn't try to retain the old prepar3D.cfg settings, . as soon as I renamed it and let it build a new one, my FPS were great again. :)
eburt

Post by eburt »

Hi,

I removed the 4.2 client.msi using control panel and installed 4.3 client.msi. Emptied the Shaders folder but didn't delete the cfg file. The sim seems to be running fine but there is an oddity which makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Under the HELP Tab it still says 4.2xxxxx. Shouldn't it now say 4.3xxxx? If I delete my cfg file, will this still help me gain fps? I have it set at a steady 40 at the moment and the sim seems ti be running ok.

Ed B.
Best Regards,
Ed Burton

P3Dv5.3HF2, W10, i9 10850KA, Asus Z490, 32GB Ram, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080,EVGA 2070 Ultra, 3 x 60" Samsung 180' View Group, 738 Cockpit using Prosim Flight Model and Avionics.
Hawaiianstyle78

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

Ok I will try the following above Elaine . I’ve already deleted the shaders that didn’t help. When I updated from 4.2 to 4.3 I only Uninstalled the Client and the Content filed in the “programs & features “ of my PC where the list of installed items . I never uninstalled “ANYTHING” else . It did not say too . It said to uninstall the client & content . Once uninstalled, then from the P3D download page , download the new Client & Content and install Client 1st & Content 2nd. I never uninstalled any of my addons aircraft /scenery or PTA presets . It sounds like P3D site needs to change their instructions . Sounds like the method I used if for people are updating P3D with NO addons installed at all . Looks like the method I did cannot work cuz of my addons . I have to 100% uninstall P3D & all my addons . Then download the 4.3 file ( NOT THE CLIENT & CONTENT) & install that and install EVERY SINGLE addon I have (that’s gonna take days!!!). BTW....here is my Specs , brand new Pc 1 month old :

I7-8700K 4.7 GHz
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Mobo
GTX 1080Ti @ 11Gb
16Gb DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 @ 1 TB that Windows 10 is on
Samsung 850 Evo @ 500 Gb that P3D V4 is on
Samsung 850 EVO @ 500 Gb that is storage (REX TD/Skyforce/Editvoicepack/AiAircraft/Addon Scenery are located)
Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler with 6 additional fans inside tower
Psu Corsair H1000xi
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Earlier post http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=129969
I asked: When you upgraded to P3Dv4.3 which P3Dv4.3 componets did you install?

Your reply was: "It was installed correctly. Client uninstalled, rebooted, new 4.3 client installed."

Now you said:
"When I updated from 4.2 to 4.3 I only Uninstalled the Client and the Content filed in the “programs & features “ of my PC where the list of installed items . I never uninstalled “ANYTHING” else . "

Have you uninstalled / reinstalled more than one time ?

For this post you mentioned:
"I never uninstalled any of my addons aircraft /scenery or PTA presets . It sounds like P3D site needs to change their instructions . Sounds like the method I used if for people are updating P3D with NO addons installed at all . Looks like the method I did cannot work cuz of my addons . I have to 100% uninstall P3D & all my addons . Then download the 4.3 file ( NOT THE CLIENT & CONTENT) & install that and install EVERY SINGLE addon I have (that’s gonna take days!!!). "

I have not Uninstalled any of my P3Dv4.2 Add-ons.
My update to P3Dv4.3 (Client, Content and SDK in my case) to P3Dv4.3 only took a few minutes and all my addons are working ok in P3Dv4.3.
Note: I do not use PTA.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Hawaiianstyle78

I never said I rebooted or quoted this below :

Your reply was: "It was installed correctly. Client uninstalled, rebooted, new 4.3 client installed."

This is what I did :
1) Uninstalled Client from programs
2) uninstalled Content from programs
3) Uninstalled 4.2 SDK
4) deleted shaders, deleted PTA
5) downloaded from P3D site : Client, Content, Cont1, Cont2, 4.3 SDK & saved all to desktop.
6) installed Client (Admin rights)
7) installed content (Admin rights)
8) installed 4.3 SDK .
9) right click on P3D icon in folders to verify under properTies/details ...it read v4.3
10) Started up P3D v4.3
*the Cont1 & Cont2 files just sat on the desktop as I installed client and content

This is the exact method I used and had the major stutters in sim
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:52 pm I never said I rebooted or quoted this below :

This is what I did :
1) Uninstalled Client from programs
2) uninstalled Content from programs
3) Uninstalled 4.2 SDK
4) deleted shaders, deleted PTA
5) downloaded from P3D site : Client, Content, Cont1, Cont2, 4.3 SDK & saved all to desktop.
6) installed Client (Admin rights)
7) installed content (Admin rights)
8) installed 4.3 SDK .
9) right click on P3D icon in folders to verify under properTies/details ...it read v4.3
10) Started up P3D v4.3
*the Cont1 & Cont2 files just sat on the desktop as I installed client and content

This is the exact method I used and had the major stutters in sim
I made an error on the quote during a cut and paste during a search on the forum.
Very sorry about that.

"*the Cont1 & Cont2 files just sat on the desktop as I installed client and content "
I never seen this on my Update to P3Dv4.3.
But I was not watching the monitor during the update.

My FPS is acting ok, about the same as previous versions on my setup.

Note: I do not use PTA.
Best Regards,
Hawaiianstyle78

I will get back to you when I 100% completely UNINSTALL P3d v4.2 and REINSTALL the new v4.3. its gonna be a few days cuz I got questions raising: The questions that are alarming is 4.3 compatible with some addons. This is what ive heard so far as to what I have installed. That's why I don't wanna jump to 4.3 if these wont work

My addons are :
1)FTX global with north America Open LC (** Is FTX 100% compatible? Does there need to be an update on their end?)
2) Leonardo FlyTheMaddog X (**They announced last night that 4.3 is now download compatible)
3) PMDG Aircraft (**Is it 100% compatible? Does there need to be an update on there end?)
4)BlackBox Simulations Widebody Xtreme (**Is it 100% compatible? Does there need to be an update on there end?)
5)SimTweaks PTA preset (**They Announced today new version for V4.3)
6)REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds (**Is it 100% compatible? Does there need to be an update on there end?)
7)REX Skyforce3D (**Is it 100% compatible? Does there need to be an update on there end?)

These are the only addons i have. Didnt know if you have genreal answers to these. Numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 are what are stopping me from updating

thank you
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Of your list I can only comment on two:
I tested PMDG737 and PMDG777 and seen no problems so far.
I have Orbx FTX Central , Global Base, North America with one automatic Update (Object Flow) from Orbx and ok so far.

Edit:
Maddog and other info here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=129973
Best Regards,
Hawaiianstyle78

Good news !!! Only took 11 hrs and my whole day to do a complete reinstall of 4.3v ! ITS WORKING AWESOME ! Got P3D v4.3 , PMDG 737, BBS Airbus widebody, FlytheMaddogX, Ftx Global, Ftx North America, Ftx Samoa, Ftx Lights Configurations, Editvoicepack Xl, FsAerodata , Simelite timeZone Fox, REX Texture Direct (water, Airport textures only), REX Skyforce3D, PTA2.61 , PTA NZ SIM (Adams pta preset), over 100 Ai traffic plans with all my current Native Ai traffic (2016+ above plans). ITS WORKING AWESOME. My brain is fried from 11 hours of reinstalling everything ! Can’t wait to IFR tomorrow . Sum it up, if you have addons above that I listed , safest way is to Do a 100% uninstall from P3D instructions on this forum site . Than install using the P3D instructions from this forum as well. Their are hiccups when installing it the Client /Content method especially when you have the amount of addons that I do and the PTA shaders too. It runs smoother than 4.2. Their is still room for improvement for the dynamic lighting I believe . Thanks for The help everyone ! Now can’t wait for the new FsPassengers for p3dv4 that’s coming out few months. Just wish an addon could make a payware 767 and Md-11 . I miss that Level D and pmdg aircrafts when I had Fsx !