[RESOLVED] Black Airport Textures

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
INeedAStamp

[RESOLVED] Black Airport Textures

Post by INeedAStamp »

Hello,

I've just recently traded up to P3Dv4 last week and have only begun installing addons. However, today, I noticed that the majority of default airports have black mesh textures around them and between the runways and taxiways where grass should be. These textures look like normal city mesh at night with lights on, regardless of what time it actually is. Even more strange, all the affected airports seem to be in the Southern California area, but payware airports in that area are unaffected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan Harris
downscc

Re: Black Airport Textures

Post by downscc »

Something has likely corrupted your terrain.cfg, which is used by P3D to map landclass textures. The default airport backgrounds are one of several landclasses. Specify what you have installed. Have you made any manual changes to any configuration files? You could blow off everthing and restart, but I recommend you take the time to try to figure out how this happened in case it happens again.
Dan Downs
KCRP
INeedAStamp

Re: Black Airport Textures

Post by INeedAStamp »

Thanks for your reply. I found the cause of the issue and corrected it. It appears that the issue was caused by Orbx FTX Central, even though I do not have any Orbx products yet. I opened FTX Central and it ran a migration of "unified lclookup". Reopened the sim and just like that, the issue had been fixed.
Bryan Harris