[RESOLVED] Black windows in Virtual cockpit. Prepar3D v4, ChasePlane

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RadioMania

[RESOLVED] Black windows in Virtual cockpit. Prepar3D v4, ChasePlane

Post by RadioMania »

Hello,

I have been looking all day for a solution to my problem and all I can come up with is with posts that are over 10 years old and about flight simulator 2004 and such.
Even in those post they don't talk about a solution or something.

Anyway I am new to p3d, but am doing flightsims since microsoft flight simulator 3 and I never experienced this, for as far I can remember.

First of all instead of being named virtual cockpit, it's now named virtual cockpit only. Maybe that is the whole problem and is it related to an addon like chaseplane.

Speaking of addons, this problem is happening at any airport, with or without scenery packs, with any airplanes, addons or included in p3d and since I am just starting out, I don't have that much addons yet, but here is a list from all the addons I got running.

- FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- NL2000 Photoscenery of the Netherlands
- Ultimate Terrain Europe and USA
- PMDG Boeing 737 800 / 900 NGX
- FS2Crew RAAS Professional / PMDG 737 NGX Reboot
- A2A Cessna 172
- ChasePlane
- Ultimate Traffic Live
- FSDreamTeam GSX

I believe that's everything. I really hope somebody here can help me with this.
Martyson

Re: Black windows in Virtual cockpit.

Post by Martyson »

Can you post a screenshot of your problem using a default P3D aircraft?
What are your system specs?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello RadioMania

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forums

In addition to Martyson's post can you Delete the Cameras.cfg file and let Prepar3D generate this file again when launched next.

Copy the Tex below and Paste it into your windows search bar and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the correct location

Right click and Delete the Cameras.cfg file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

After you complete this launch Prepar3D and test to confirm this step has resolved your Issue.

If this has been successful launch the ChasePlane control panel and this will reconfigure your cameras.cfg file again

Let us know how you get on
RadioMania

Post by RadioMania »

Thanks so much for the help. It is a chaseplane issue, they make a new, well a bunch of new cameras, but what happens with the virtual cockpit, they comment that camera out with // and create a new camera named virtual cockpit only.

After I deleted the cameras.cfg file and restarted prepar3d, chaseplane came whining to me that there was a corrupt file and asked me to restart.

I did the restart, edited the cameras.cfg file again and included the virtual cockpit settings again, in other words remove the // and now I got 2 virtual cockpit settings 1 normal and 1 virtual cockpit only (with no exterior views.)

Somehow I can live with that, just curious why chaseplane removed the exterior view, but I am happy and can finally fly for myself, too much used to virtual cockpit ;)

Thanks again, and since I got 2 virtual cockpits I can still make that screenshot, but I guess that's no longer necessary.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello RadioMania

That's good news, Thank you for the follow up