ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kikigey89

Re: ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Post by kikigey89 »

I also tried it and had no CTD near Newfoundland but an api.dll crash during descent to JFK. No idea if it's related to anything. Will try again tomorrow but probably with another destination.
ulasates

Post by ulasates »

kikigey89 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:57 pm I also tried it and had no CTD near Newfoundland but an api.dll crash during descent to JFK. No idea if it's related to anything. Will try again tomorrow but probably with another destination.
Hi, I have looked at the fsdt forums and cannot see the file or the post about the file. Can you please post the link to this solution. I flew from EGLL to KIAD and crashed with the same ntdll.dll issue about 200nm off newfoundland. Many thanks.
ulasates

Post by ulasates »

I found the post, http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 063.0.html

I will try and hopefully will be a fix. I hope the LM will fix this as well.
Headley

Post by Headley »

ulasates wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am I found the post, http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 063.0.html

I will try and hopefully will be a fix. I hope the LM will fix this as well.
Hello,
Can you please report back after your flight and let us know if there where some problems with the new dll-file?
Greetings,

William
isiattie

Post by isiattie »

Also suffering the exact same issue, entering Canada. Around 6162N. FL380. Flying QOTS 747-8.

Hope to hear from your fix...and try it out...

0xc0000374 Exception.

Cheers
isiattie

Post by isiattie »

Also suffering the exact same issue, entering Canada. Around 6162N. FL380. Flying QOTS 747-8.

Hope to hear from your fix...and try it out...

0xc0000374 Exception.

Cheers
m007j

Post by m007j »

It's been a while since I've checked in on this thread...I'd given up flying anything westbound over this area for a while until somebody official acknowledged that there was an issue.

Looks like Umberto from FSDT blinked first: I'm happy to report that the updated bglmanx.dll file that was linked here upthread and can be found on the FSDT forum works like a charm for me. I've now tested it with the PMDG 777 and 747 on V4.3 and V4.4 across all of the waypoints just off Labrador where I was getting the crash (from GRIBS to PELTU) and I have not gotten a single crash with that updated FSDT file, even with flights approaching 13-15 hours from the ME.

I'd highly recommend that if you are also having this problem, cdownload that updated file and test it out.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

m007j wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm It's been a while since I've checked in on this thread...I'd given up flying anything westbound over this area for a while until somebody official acknowledged that there was an issue.

Looks like Umberto from FSDT blinked first: I'm happy to report that the updated bglmanx.dll file that was linked here upthread and can be found on the FSDT forum works like a charm for me. I've now tested it with the PMDG 777 and 747 on V4.3 and V4.4 across all of the waypoints just off Labrador where I was getting the crash (from GRIBS to PELTU) and I have not gotten a single crash with that updated FSDT file, even with flights approaching 13-15 hours from the ME.

I'd highly recommend that if you are also having this problem, cdownload that updated file and test it out.
Just wondering if you posted your results on the FSDT forum?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
m007j

Post by m007j »

Martyson wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm
m007j wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm It's been a while since I've checked in on this thread...I'd given up flying anything westbound over this area for a while until somebody official acknowledged that there was an issue.

Just wondering if you posted your results on the FSDT forum?
Done.
kityatyi

Post by kityatyi »

I have just crashed to desktop in the PMDG 747-400, flying from Frankfurt (EDDF) to Toronto (CYYZ). My route was the following:

OBOK1N OBOKA UZ28 DIBIR/N0486F340 L179 ROMIN UL179 GILTI L179 CPT UL9 GAVGO UL18 DIKAS UL9 SLANY DCT BEXET/N0484F360 DCT DOGAL/M085F350 NATD 58N050W/M085F360 NATD CUDDY N658A MT/N0490F360 DCT YXI IMEBA3

I have crossed the Atlantic without any issues and everything went smooth until I approached the waypoint CUDDY shortly before reaching the Candian coast. Then all of a sudden sound froze, sim froze and a second or so later P3D crashed to desktop.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.556, time stamp: 0x74bed8b0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f479b
Faulting process id: 0x2024
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c5e51026ff12
Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 74294e3c-329c-49cc-8108-91023232a7b3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Headley

Post by Headley »

Hi kityatyi

Do you have any scenery from FSDT that uses the bglmanx.dll-file?
Scenery or GSX?
If so, did you used or updated to the version mentioned in the thread a few post up?
Greetings,

William
Adam_WMids_UK

Post by Adam_WMids_UK »

Hi All

I'm getting a reproducible crash with the same error report. I have a saved file which I can load and crashes at the exact same point every time. I have tried the same flight again under new weather conditions and although I reach a different altitude, my flight CTDs in the same location on the route. I have had a friend with the same scenery, addons and aircraft fly the SAVED FILE I sent him, and his does not crash.

I have already tried the 'beta' BGLManX.dll from the FSDT forums AND tried disabling all FSDT software and still get the crash. I have disabled Active Sky and cleared weather and the crash persists. I have disabled Navigraph Link. I have no AI traffic. I have tried the Orbx Unified Lookup tool again and also the Orbx troubleshooter tool. My next step will be to fly the route in a new aircraft and see if the crash still occurs.

The only post I have seen with this ntdll.dll error being fixed is one where somebody disabled some of his Orbx scenery and that fixed it.

My crash event data follows:

Faulting application name: PREPAR3D.EXE, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.556, time stamp: 0x74bed8b0
Faulting process ID: 0x57a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d1be48f3e3d5
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PREPAR3D.EXE
Report ID: da850fbe-060b-4b33-abf5-463a6ce623cc

Regards

Adam
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Adam_WMids_UK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 pm Hi All

I'm getting a reproducible crash with the same error report. I have a saved file which I can load and crashes at the exact same point every time. I have tried the same flight again under new weather conditions and although I reach a different altitude, my flight CTDs in the same location on the route. I have had a friend with the same scenery, addons and aircraft fly the SAVED FILE I sent him, and his does not crash.

I have already tried the 'beta' BGLManX.dll from the FSDT forums AND tried disabling all FSDT software and still get the crash. I have disabled Active Sky and cleared weather and the crash persists. I have disabled Navigraph Link. I have no AI traffic. I have tried the Orbx Unified Lookup tool again and also the Orbx troubleshooter tool. My next step will be to fly the route in a new aircraft and see if the crash still occurs.

The only post I have seen with this ntdll.dll error being fixed is one where somebody disabled some of his Orbx scenery and that fixed it.

My crash event data follows:

Faulting application name: PREPAR3D.EXE, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting process ID: 0x57a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d1be48f3e3d5
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PREPAR3D.EXE
Report ID: da850fbe-060b-4b33-abf5-463a6ce623cc

Regards

Adam
Which aircraft ?
Have you tried re-booting your PC and loading a new route instead of a saved flight?
Best Regards,
Adam_WMids_UK

Post by Adam_WMids_UK »

Martyson wrote: Which aircraft ?
Have you tried re-booting your PC and loading a new route instead of a saved flight?
Martyson - thanks for the reply.

The aircraft was the QualityWings RJ100.

I got to the bottom of it about an hour ago. I DID try a reboot and start a brand new flight with the same route, which then crashed at the exact same point. I looked on the Orbx product map for which scenery I might be approaching at that point. I was pretty much overhead PAEN so figured that would be loaded by that point already. Next though would be PAHO (Homer). I uninstalled PAEN and PAHO from Orbx and also (foolishly) for good measure installed the latest AIRAC in FSAeroData.

One of those things fixed the error. Not sure which now... I will be reinstalling PAEN and PAHO and will retest the saved flight. With them uninstalled, the saved flight was able to complete without any CTDs, whereas before it consistently crashed at the same point. Thing is, when I reinstall PAHO and PAEN, if the saved flight STILL works I won't know if it was just one of those sceneries had corrupted and now reinstalled fine, or whether it was the reinstallation of the latest AIRAC into FSAeroData which fixed it!

I'll update this thread if I can work out which was causing the issue.

Regards

Adam
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Adam_WMids_UK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm
Martyson wrote: Which aircraft ?
Martyson - thanks for the reply.

The aircraft was the QualityWings RJ100.

I got to the bottom of it about an hour ago. I DID try a reboot and start a brand new flight with the same route, which then crashed at the exact same point. I looked on the Orbx product map for which scenery I might be approaching at that point. I was pretty much overhead PAEN so figured that would be loaded by that point already. Next though would be PAHO (Homer). I uninstalled PAEN and PAHO from Orbx and also (foolishly) for good measure installed the latest AIRAC in FSAeroData.

One of those things fixed the error. Not sure which now... I will be reinstalling PAEN and PAHO and will retest the saved flight. With them uninstalled, the saved flight was able to complete without any CTDs, whereas before it consistently crashed at the same point. Thing is, when I reinstall PAHO and PAEN, if the saved flight STILL works I won't know if it was just one of those sceneries had corrupted and now reinstalled fine, or whether it was the reinstallation of the latest AIRAC into FSAeroData which fixed it!

I'll update this thread if I can work out which was causing the issue.

Regards

Adam
FSAeroData? You had not previously mentioned it.
I would not know about it.
I do not use FSAeroData.

Does your friend, who used / shared your saved flight, also use FSAeroData?
Best Regards,