CTD in P3D v4.2 when it rains or snows

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Kayla Dillon

Re: CTD in P3D v4.2 when it rains or snows

Post by Kayla Dillon »

B777ER wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm
So apparently this workaround is not a workaround. If the rain changes in intensity the sim still had a CTD. Why cannot a hot fix be released? This is a bloody show stopper.
Hello,

Have you tried to change the precipitation intensity from the start up screen?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 am Have you tried to change the precipitation intensity from the start up screen?

Regards,
Kayla
What I'm referring to is if the precipitation changes in intensity while the sim is running, the CTD will occurr regardless of if detailed precipitation is checked or not. The workaround you mentioned is only a workaround for getting the sim to start with precipitation.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

B777ER wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:26 pm
What I'm referring to is if the precipitation changes in intensity while the sim is running, the CTD will occurr regardless of if detailed precipitation is checked or not. The workaround you mentioned is only a workaround for getting the sim to start with precipitation.
Hello,

Could you try using Scenario->Edit to change the precipitation intensity?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
flyblueskies

Post by flyblueskies »

I also have this same problem when using Active Sky for P3DV4. Detailed Precipitation is checked.

Kayla, if I am using Active Sky, am I able to make the menu change you suggest?
flyblueskies

Post by flyblueskies »

Just gave this a try when using Active Sky...the Scenery->Edit changes (changing the weather) will not occur when using Active Sky.

I'm not sure you wanted it tested in this way, but I can say that when I use Active Sky and the precipitation changes via Active Sky, I either get a CTD or P3DV4 stops.

If Active Sky has GOOD weather (no precip), no problems. Or, if I always choose fair weather from the Scenery tool (and do not use Active Sky), again no problems.

I also hope the fix comes soon...
crum

Post by crum »

How about v4.3? is it fixed now?
There is nothing about it in the change log.