sound issues with ver 4.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mazelda

sound issues with ver 4.2

Postby mazelda » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi
not sure exactly where to put this request,so please move it if required.
I have just updated to ver 4.2 academic and have found a sound problem that I cannot figure how to fix.
On starting the fslabs a320 (latest version) I get what sounds like a small diesel generator/single prop engine running and get no sounds from the cockpit,even on pushing the throttles forward.
I at first assumed it was a problem with that addon,but on a bit more trial and error it seems it is heard on other addon aircraft briefly, until the sounds from these addons get loud enough to overcome this diesel sound
I have no idea on what the issue might be everything was fine with ver 4.1
The only thing I have done, is do a client update of p3dv4
any advice greatly appreciated
thanks

Martyson

Re: sound issues with ver 4.2

Postby Martyson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

I did this , several post down in this link is info and a screenshot:

Prop sounds-AI-Mute-them

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128043
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

sw34669

Re: sound issues with ver 4.2

Postby sw34669 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 am

Hi
not sure exactly where to put this request,so please move it if required.
I have just updated to ver 4.2 academic and have found a sound problem that I cannot figure how to fix.
On starting the fslabs a320 (latest version) I get what sounds like a small diesel generator/single prop engine running and get no sounds from the cockpit,even on pushing the throttles forward.
I at first assumed it was a problem with that addon,but on a bit more trial and error it seems it is heard on other addon aircraft briefly, until the sounds from these addons get loud enough to overcome this diesel sound
I have no idea on what the issue might be everything was fine with ver 4.1
The only thing I have done, is do a client update of p3dv4
any advice greatly appreciated
thanks
i see this also with the PMDG aircraft from time to time since 4.2. When switching views when the system is under a little load I get a sound cut out for 1-2 seconds followed by the mid to high side of sound frequencies, like a low pass filter had just been applied ... my sub goes quiet and stops vibrating coins on my desk. The sounds are ok and clear but no base. 5 seconds later, the base comes back, with a ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk

I recall there are a couple of "antique" bugs from the old FS days that have become so valuable that LM dare not fix them. Think engine sound still being heard after shutdown and hitting Q twice clears it. They are like comfort blankets.

Straw poll, who else is seeing this (not the antique one, the buttery one)

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”