[RESOLVED] HDR-lights - help - ChasePlane

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: HDR-lights - help

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

All of the listed HDR and TONEMAP entries will impact the appearance of HDR in the sim. Changing values in the Prepar3D.cfg will require restarting the sim to take effect. If you are not seeing any changes in appearance when setting values either through the UI or modifying these values in the Prepar3D.cfg file then I recommend contacting the developers of the add-ons you are using to see if they can reproduce this issue with their products.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

meirellesmm

Postby meirellesmm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 pm

I know the entries will affect the look. That's exactly what I need to know to try to adjust. You may or may not tell me if these are the items that change the specific part of HDR lighting. If you can not tell me who's from Locjheed, who can?
Please tell me just this.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 pm

If you do not see any visual changes when adjusting HDR values in the UI then there is an issue with your installation that is most likely caused by an add-on. Pointing you to these values gives you further control over the look of HDR and you will need to spend the time changing these values to what suits you best. Again, if changing values in the UI has no effect on the appearance of HDR than changing these will not matter. From what you've described changing only the bloom value in the UI should give you the desired results. I recommend keeping the other values in the cfg and UI at their default setting. Please try doing this after uninstalling all add-ons, running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in your installation directory, and then go from there.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

meirellesmm

Postby meirellesmm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 pm

I have found out where the error comes from. From the Chaseplane program. Apparently it should not affect HDR lighting at all, because it is a camera program.
But anyway, I will contact the developer of the program to see what may be happening. Thank you very much for your patience with me.
Regarding the problem I'm having to save and upload videos, how do I proceed? I already have a topic I created but it has not been solved yet.
Thank you
marcelo

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm glad to hear you were able to get this issue resolved. A lot of times add-ons can cause unforeseen consequences which may not be obvious which is why we always recommend ruling those out as a potential cause when debugging an issue. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to them. They're an outstanding group and I'm sure they can help you with this issue.

For your other post I recommend replying to Kayla's latest response with the information you provided here. There may be some miscommunication here as we thought you were referring to saving scenarios not flight recordings. Again an important step is to reproduce this issue with no add-ons installed and give us detailed steps on when you're seeing the issue so we can work on reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”