ATC window greyed and not active

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ErikNL

Re: ATC window greyed and not active

Post by ErikNL »

Have experienced this issue for the first time since v4.2. Issue occurred after editing the KIAH AFCAD of FSDreamTeam with ADE. I added some crosswind runways to the scenery.

Have restarted P3D and everything seems to be fine again. Haven't touched the default flight at all.
Euphonist

Post by Euphonist »

Yes, it is sunday and the ATC window is greyed out again. Silly, but maybe ever 7 days?
I deleted the default flight from the menu and restarted P3D.
P3D comes up with LM's default.
I just pressed OK, so it became loaded. ATC window OK.
Then I loaded the flight I wanted this morning and the ATC window is still OK.
Looks simple and I have all my add-ons running.

Have a nice sunday
Prepar3d v4, Active Sky, ORBX, ChasePlane
Captain X

Post by Captain X »

Here's what I did for a stop-gap solution until LM comes up with a patch, or v4.3. Just delete v4.2 client, and install v4.1 client. You won't have to worry anymore. Sim works fine with 4.1 client and all other 4.2 installed components.
thosdcks89

Post by thosdcks89 »

Thanks for the feedback. :-) You raise a good point. One never knows what to expect in the way of glitches in the world of flight simulation. ATC is working with no issues for the moment!.
thosdcks89

Post by thosdcks89 »

Hello Captain X. thosdcks89 here. I followed your suggestion and uninstalled the Client for Version 4.2, then reinstalled Client for version 4.1 I did not uninstall the Content file for version 4.2. All seems to work well at this time, and no more grayed-out ATC window. ATC was working just fine before the 4.2 update. I wonder what is causing the problem. Have you, or anyone reading this post, heard anything as to when LM will fix the Grayed-out ATC issue?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

" Have you, or anyone reading this post, heard anything as to when LM will fix the Grayed-out ATC issue?"

Just for info, in the first page of these posts Rob (LM) asked:
"Can you post detailed reproduction steps for this issue including settings, how long it takes for the issue to appear, any add-ons used, etc?"

I am still testing P3Dv4.21 with addons (e.g., scenery, aircraft and Garmin gauges) and have not found any problem with P3D ATC.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey all,

Thanks for your continued testing and updates on this issue. We are still investigating and detailed reproduction steps will help us. If you are changing any settings, scenario options, or scenery when you see this please list them specifically. Additionally, please tell us your operating system and hardware. Is anybody seeing this issue on Windows 7 or only Windows 10?

-Brad
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

I have not changed any settings or situations since I updated the client and content for 4.2 I also upgraded the SDK but I doubt that would have an impact. I did not update the scenery to 4.2

I updated FSUIPC, Super traffic Board, Active Sky on my client machine so I have my doubts as to that would have anything to do with it either.

I went back to the 4.1 client and this problem does not appear. Sure would appreciate a fix to bring everything back up to 4.2

JH
ppo

Post by ppo »

Brad,
All of my ATC issues have been on Windows 7 64 bit and
no problem on full install of 4.2.
The issue seemed to pop up after having reinstalled add-ons.
I had logged all changes, I was however looking more at incompabilities with add-ons.
So, don't have a clue. (though I'm thinking the number of add-ons might still be a problem).
I noticed you also added a new "feature" to the ATC window which disables the ATC and renders the Cooms unusable.
But that would not be related would it?
Cheers,
Pierre
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I noticed you also added a new "feature" to the ATC window which disables the ATC and renders the Cooms unusable. "

Pierre,

I missed it.
Do you happen have a screenshot of the P3D feature?
Best Regards,
ppo

Post by ppo »

It is not actually a new feature, it was there in 3.4.

However, it works differently now.

Start with your default flight, open up the ATC window.

if your press ALT key the main P3d menu will show at the top of the screen and
your ATC window will be "inactive".

The title will now be "ATC disabled Menu Active"

The bottom part of the ATC window will be greyed out: inactive until you disable the top menu.

In P3Dv3.4 when you pressed ALT key it would do the same thing except if you keep your finger on the ALT key, the top menu will appear and then disappear and you will not have a "ATC disabled Menu Active"

Hope that is clear. It is a bunch of small details.

Note: when the problem comes back and it will, I will check that behavior. I am now loggin every change made to P3Dv4.2.
So far so good..

Cheers,
Pierre
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Pierre,

Ok,

After your post I was looking for a new P3D feature that disables the ATC and renders the Cooms unusable and could not find it.

I was not looking for mouse clicks on other items, top menus selections (lost focus) or other key combos to temporarily disable the ATC Menu.

All that is working as it should.

Cycling the ALT key will disable/enable the ATC Menu.
Best Regards,
thosdcks89

Post by thosdcks89 »

Hello Brad Shiver. FYI, thosdcks89 (That's me) is using Windows 7 - 64 bit, Nvidia - GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 video card, 12GB onboard RAM on MB, and Intel CPU i7 975, 3.33 MHz. The grayed-out ATC window , when displayed, would happen after I created a new scenario, i.e., changed plane and location.

thosdcks89
KADS - Texas
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JH,

"Super traffic Board"

Which AI traffic do you use?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

thosdcks89 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 am Hello Brad Shiver. FYI, thosdcks89 (That's me) is using Windows 7 - 64 bit, Nvidia - GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 video card, 12GB onboard RAM on MB, and Intel CPU i7 975, 3.33 MHz. The grayed-out ATC window , when displayed, would happen after I created a new scenario, i.e., changed plane and location.

thosdcks89
KADS - Texas
I have:
Windows 7 - 64 bit, Nvidia - GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 video card, with 16GB onboard RAM on MB/i7-6700 4GHz

I would like to create and test the exact same scenario with the same plane, scenery and location if possible?

Do you use default AI or an AI Traffic program?
Best Regards,