Crash when installing a new scenery (Possible Threshold)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
McDaniel777

Re: Crash when installing a new scenery (Possible Threshold)

Post by McDaniel777 »

Strange...You are right, with F-16 no CDT! So far I did all testing with the Bonanza.

It's also working with Robinson R22...

Off to work, will check back tonight

Do You have fsAerodata in the library?
ProfessorMadman

Post by ProfessorMadman »

McDaniel777 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 am Strange...You are right, with F-16 no CDT! So far I did all testing with the Bonanza.

It's also working with Robinson R22...

Off to work, will check back tonight

Do You have fsAerodata in the library?
Cheers for checking that out! Yes, it's strange that some aircraft do not cause the CTD and some do... so there must be something else at play too.

No, I do not have fsAerodata in my scenery library.
mseiwald

Post by mseiwald »

For me there is no error message. The sim just closes itself as soon as i click Ok to load the flight and i'm back at desktop.
I can confirm its working with the default F16 but as soon as i select the F22 or PMDG 738 it crashes again.

I dont have FSaerodata.
mseiwald

Post by mseiwald »

i have now tried to load a flight with the default F16 which worked fine and then switch to the PMDG 738 and have a error message now:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.28.21686, Zeitstempel: 0x594a7255
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.15063.483, Zeitstempel: 0xaa6457d1
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000069e08
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x11198
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d306e063791c09
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Flusi\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 1c96d247-4885-4802-9a1b-c3105cfa323e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
McDaniel777

Post by McDaniel777 »

I guess we need to find out what makes the F16 and the R22 diffrent from the Bonanza and other aircrafts...could give us a hint in which direction we need to look...

Somehow I have the feeling it could be something with the navaids or GPS or something that has to communicate with the scenery library....but hey it's me just blabbering... :-) That's why I asked about fsAerodata but I guess it's not connected...

Anybody with the problem has made the Navaids update from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

mseiwald

Post by mseiwald »

I didn't.
I have FTX Global, Vector, all Open LC Regions, FS Global Ultimate, Ultimate Traffic Live, FSUIPC, Active Sky, Cloud Art, GSX, ENVTEX, URP, Prexipit FX, Chaseplane, 737 Immersion, Navigraph Charts with Simlink and FTX Regions England, Northern Germany and Norway.
Besides that its all airport sceneries.
mseiwald

Post by mseiwald »

I have spent days now reinstalling the cöient.exe, creating a new P3D.cfg, reinstall the Addons but i still have the same problem. The strange thing is when i add a new scenery via the scenery library it works fine...i can fly there and everything but as soon as i restart the sim and click the "OK" button in the scenario startup screen it just stays black, the loading popup doesnt show and after a cozple of seconds the sim just closes itself as if i had never opened it. I still have a lot of work ahead setting up the sim but i cant continue as long as i cant add any new stuff. Could someone from LM please shed some light on what could be causing this annoying issue.

Thanks in advance.
Manuel
mseiwald

Post by mseiwald »

Ok guys i found a solution.
It isnt nice to have to do it all but it works.
Just deactivate all sceneries that are added via the add-ons.cfg file via Options-> Addons and then add them normally via the Scenery Library so that they are not loaded from the addons.xml file but normally through the scenery.cfg and everything is working fine. Finally i can continue to add my sceneries.
Came across it thanks to this topic http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125790

Definately something LM should look into!
McDaniel777

Post by McDaniel777 »

OK...Thank's for the update, will try in the next day's!

Daniel
McDaniel777

Post by McDaniel777 »

Confirm! It works, than you for sharing

Daniel
ilcuero

Post by ilcuero »

kudos to mseiwald, i had the same problem and your workaround just solved this for me.

and yes, i agree, it should be looked into.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thanks for your continued updates on the issue. We will look into a fix.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
andy1252

Post by andy1252 »

Don't know if I'm allowed to say this sort of thing here, but . .

I took a huge disliking to the addon-xml approach for scenery from the start. My v3 system has around 600 entries in scenery.cfg and I have them all grouped the way I want them and full control over priority etc. In v4, using the xml techinque as recommended seems to remove any real control over my scenery, so I don't use it. For anything that initially installs that way I remove the xml entries and code into scenery.cfg. I have concatenations in the various other cfg files to make sure I pick up the appropriate simobjects, effects etc for any of these addons. I have used these techniques to point my v4 scenery.cfg to most of my v3 scenery products (where fresh updates are not available), and so far I've only found a couple of products that haven't turned out ok in v4. As ORBX have released their open beta of their Objectflow 2 today, I am also now slowly re-installing some of their airports. As of this moment, I probably have around 450 entries in my scenery library, and precisely zero V4 "add-ons" defined. And so far (and I hope I don't regret saying this <grin>), I haven't had any problems at all with the sim's behaviour.

I know I don't need to avoid loading scenery in v4 for VAS relief any more, but with this amount of scenery (all the ORBX products, most of the FSDT, Flightbeam etc, and loads of Aerosoft, FSDG and others) it sure speeds up the load times if I can load only the region I plan to fly in.

For me, the use of the addon-xml technique for scenery in V4 is a retrograde step in an otherwise outstanding release, and I shall avoid using it as long as I am able to do so.

Not recommending this technique to anyone, no intent to cause offense or start any kind of unpleasantness. But it is possible to keep control of this stuff yourself, and still keep within the spirit, if not the letter, of LM's intention to keep such objects out of the main folders.
sethmatt

Post by sethmatt »

Hi,

Same problem here (219 entries en scenery.cfg)
Skipy

Post by Skipy »

Hi, I discovered the same problem few days ago and thinking at first it was a conflict between ORBX OpenLC and my new addon NapoliX.

I found at first a workaround by creating a new scenery entry at low layer 2 with Elevation and photo BGL files. But when I tried to add another addon airport and get the same ptoblem I understand it was not a conflict. I disabled 5 UK2000 secneries entries and P3Dv4 works again even going back with the mods I made for NapoiliX.

I confirm that depending of the aircraft and the addons loaded the crash may vary.

Someone on Aerosoft forum told me it's a known bug fixed in v4.1 but can't they post a hotfix until 4.1 release?

Skip.