Error in Payload station indexes (V4)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Airi

Error in Payload station indexes (V4)

Post by Airi »

Hello Guys,

this is my contenterrors.txt file...

error.0]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations
[error.1]
[error.2]
[error.3]
[error.4]
[error.5]
[error.6]
[error.7]
[error.8]

after install hotfix 1. How can i fix it??

Regards...
jannier

Re: Error in Payload station indexes (V4)

Post by jannier »

Jip, all aircraft default and payware does this now after hot-fix 1 on exiting the simulator.

I have a feeling this fix LM did was not fully checked?

-Fix for a crash when using index 0 with playload stations
Best regards,
Jannie Roelofse
Flight1 Software Project Manager

System: i9-13900K, P-cores @ 5.8GHz / E-cores @ 4.3GHz, CPU v-core @ 1.295v, Corsair H150i WC, Aorus Z690 Ultra Motherboard, G-Skill 32GB DDR5 @ 5600MHz, RTX 4090 24GB, Windows 11 Pro
ctroncy

Post by ctroncy »

Bonjour,
I have the same problem. The errors disapears when I disable FSUIPC5...
Could you please check if it is the same for you.
Thanks
Cheers
Claude
ctroncy

Post by ctroncy »

After deleting the Prepar3D.cfg everything seems to be OK. No more content errors.
Cheers
Claude

the error disapears because the "report content errors" was unchecked in the new Prepar3D.cfg... So the problem is still here.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ctroncy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:25 pm Bonjour,
I have the same problem. The errors disapears when I disable FSUIPC5...
Could you please check if it is the same for you.
Thanks
Cheers
Claude
I moved the fsuipc dll file to my desktop for the test.

My error log only has one error in it now , as expected:

[error.0]
error=Error loading "Modules\FSUIPC5.dll." in "C:\Users\Vaughan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml."
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

jannier wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 pm Jip, all aircraft default and payware does this now after hot-fix 1 on exiting the simulator.

I have a feeling this fix LM did was not fully checked?

-Fix for a crash when using index 0 with playload stations
All,

Playload stations are index 1 based. If an add-on is using Payload Station 0, it would have been ignored.

The content error is being reported for the first time in v4 Hotfix 1. It is to remind developers not to use index 0.

It was previously causing a crash in some edge cases.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

The content error is being reported for the first time in v4 Hotfix 1. It is to remind developers not to use index 0.
Sorry Adam, I have two comments on that:

1. Nothing appears to be using index 0 in any case. There seem to be something wrong with that check. FSUIPC does read payload data using the Sim Vars, but it definitely uses indices 1 tp 61. I thought the values higher than the aircraft's number might be a cuse but tested also with just 1 to 10, the number in my default aircraft, and the Content Error reports still occurred. Seems any Simconnect request for this data makes it happen (though I've not yet tested with just one such request -- perhaps I will now).

2.Surely the proper way to tell developers of SimConnect interface errors is by SimConnect returning an error on an invalid index. The "contents" error report is really indicating an error in the Aircraft.CFG file, not a programmatic interface request error. Surely you wouldn't consider moving all possible SimConnect interface errors to a contents error list in this way, so why pick on that one?

Regards
Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Pete Dowson wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:30 pm(though I've not yet tested with just one such request -- perhaps I will now).
I tested with just the one PayLoad station (:1) and -- no Content errors.

So it seems P3D4 assumes the number of PayLoad stations initially is 1. If I ask for any more than that, it generates the error in the contents!

I'm not very pleased with this. What do I have to do to satisfy those folks who want to use FSUIPC yet can't tolerate these spurious (to me) errors? Seems I would have to remove the facility for FSUIPC client applications to read that data, and set the payload weight.

In case you were of the option that no one uses such information, please note that TOPCAT does set the weights -- a very useful method of matching the Payloads set in the PFPX planner to those actually in the aircraft when you fly. Otherwise the balance and other important factors will not be correct.

Reduction of facilities just to avoid this wrongful error report is just not desirable.

As I said elsewhere, FSUIPC also requests data on 4 engines. Why aren't content errors reported for this when the aircraft has less? The same thing applies to many Sim Vars, why pick on Payload Stations?

Pete
My System

Mike Schroeter
Lockheed Martin

Post by Mike Schroeter »

"PAYLOAD STATION COUNT" will give the largest valid index.

Mike
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Mike Schroeter wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 pm "PAYLOAD STATION COUNT" will give the largest valid index.
Of course I know this, but then, for each aircraft load, I have to effectively restart my SimConnect interface, renoving all the previous requests and reading first thet variable before requesting the payload data. This has NEVER been necessary before on any version of FSX or P3D. it represents an unwanted overhead and a major change in my code arrangements. All for an unwarranted and wrongful error report, and in the wrong place!

And WHY, then, does requesting 4 sets of engine data, and other similar aspects, when there are fewer than that number defined, not also generate these unwanted errors? Why are you picking solely on the Payload stations?

It is simply inconsistent and doesn't make sense. as I said, they are NOT content errors!

[Edited]

Pete
My System

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Pete Dowson wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm
And WHY, then, does requesting 4 sets of engine data, and other similar aspects, when there are fewer than that number defined, not also generate these unwanted errors? Why are you picking solely on the Payload stations?

It is simply inconsistent and doesn't make sense. as I said, they are NOT content errors!
Hi Pete,

We will continue to add more Content Error reports as the baseline continues to grow. This one was added because it was identified as causing a crash. We want to ensure developers are not creating content or making SimConnect calls that are unused and unprocessed.

Will use this thread moving forward: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=125549

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager