UI is huge, can't decrease the size

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jay71

UI is huge, can't decrease the size

Post by jay71 »

I haven't had P3D very long and I think I pressed a button on the keyboard and now the UI is so huge that I can't select an aircraft or pretty much anything. It looks like this below in the images. Any idea how to fix this? I have Win 10 and I'm using a 4k tv. I've tried different resolutions and changing the Windows display settings (increasing and decreasing the size) and nothing helps.

http://imgur.com/a/xds6p
Poppet

Re: UI is huge, can't decrease the size

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jay,

It seems your UI file has become a bit stretched

Locate and Delete the UISettings.xml file below, This will not effect any 3rd party Software (Add On's)

This file will generate again when you launch Prepar3D

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 UISettings.xml

Launch Prepar3D and test
-----------------

Note: To find these files, Insure the box is Ticked for Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options
downscc

Re: UI is huge, can't decrease the size

Post by downscc »

It is very likely that Win10 set the DPI scaling to x2 to proportionally size things up for the large display. Google Windows 10 DPI scaling for instructions on how to change it. I have my 4K screen set to x1.25 for readability.
Dan Downs
KCRP