Ground Textures Always Redrawing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
owenpurday

Ground Textures Always Redrawing

Post by owenpurday »

Hello all,

Since migrating to v3.4 a few months ago, I've been left with a simulator that I no longer enjoy using.

My ground textures have become blurrier than in v2.5 (an issue a number of users have noted) and my ground textures seem to constantly be drawing.

I'll explain - I've now reformatted my SSD 2-3 times so I could test a range of options as to what could be causing this issue. On a fresh install and using the display settings that the game comes with and no external tweaks ie Nvidia Npector, if I take an aircraft and fly it up to 3000ft and look out of the window I can see the ground textures changing or redrawing every 10 seconds (sometimes more, sometimes less). This is with a fairly slow aircraft (120kt at 3000ft).

So today I installed my basic addons which are the PMDG NGX and ActiveSKY16 with no other ground texture addon. When taxiing around the airport it all seemed fine but as soon as I climbed through a cloud layer and could see the ground textures, yet again I could see the ground textures redrawing/refreshing every 10 seconds or so.

This is incredibly frustrating, I also noticed that the clouds do the same and change texture every few seconds.

I'll point out now that these are textures within about a 5nm circle of the aircraft.

I've tried changing my LOD settings from the menu in P3D but this has no effect.

My system: I7 6700K overclocked to 4.0Ghz, Nvida GTX 960, 250gb SSD and 16gb DDR4 RAM.

Please, can someone shed some light as to why this is happening? Like I say the sim is unusable at the moment as it's too distracting.

Many thanks
owenpurday

Re: Ground Textures Always Redrawing

Post by owenpurday »

Any thoughts anyone?

Kind Regards,

Owen
owenpurday

Post by owenpurday »

Hi all,

Please see a very brief example that I have just noticed. Was taken at UK2000 Aberdeen.

In the first photo at zoom 0.70 you can't see the fire trucks.
In the second photo at zoom 0.80 you can.

This is only part of the issue I am having. The ground texture redraw is another issue entirely.

Please can someone respond to this, there's no other way of me to request support for P3D so it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Owen
owenpurday

Post by owenpurday »

The images don't seem to have worked but you can view them here:

http://imgur.com/a/uquzm

Appreciate your response,

Owen
owenpurday

Post by owenpurday »