P3D addons menu, key commands don't work

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
starxo

P3D addons menu, key commands don't work

Post by starxo »

I have recently encountered some problems with complex addon aircrafts. When I load the PMDG 777 or Fs Labs A320 I suddenly can't access anything from my addons menu in the top bar menu, for example GSX or FSUIPC. I try to click there but nothing happens. I've reinstalled both with the latest version without any change. Neither can I command anything via keyboard controls, such as Shift + P for pushback.
Another problem is that I can't add fuel via Fs Actions in the fmc (B777), however it still seems to change according to the engine screen.

These problems caused me to do a fresh install of the latest version of P3D hoping to get rid of the problems. I was wrong and the problems are back. I have read about similar problems where the solution had to do with reinstalling simconnect, but that did not seem to work for me.
Note that I have the latest version of everything mentioned in this post, including Graphic card drivers.

I'd take a guess this has something with Nvidia to do, however I simply can't see what the problem is...
NazDuru

Re: P3D addons menu, key commands don't work

Post by NazDuru »

I have the same exact issue, DLL XML seems fine to me when compared to others. I encountered this prob mid climb in the FSLABS A320, restarted the sim and still the same issue 2-3 seconds of loading in

***Program data DLL XML***

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Addon Manager</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>TargetInfo</Name>
<Path>Gauges\TargetInfo.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Fury_1500</Name>
<Path>Gauges\Fury_1500.dll</Path>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

***APP DATA***
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSLOptions</Name>
<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSLEvents</Name>
<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSLSounds</Name>
<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>
<Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
NazDuru

Post by NazDuru »

The last addons i installed, Aerosoft holiday airports 1 and 2 using EMT + FlyTampa athens

Ezdok, GSX, FSUIPC, ASN etc etc do not work
NazDuru

Post by NazDuru »

All default aircraft work, i then loaded the FSLABS A320 and it works fine now.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I have recently encountered some problems with complex addon aircrafts. When I load the PMDG 777 or Fs Labs A320 "

Have you asked on their support forums?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
starxo

Post by starxo »

Yes I have been in contact with PMDG, but since this is now also happening to default aircraft I came to the conclusion that this has nothing with certain developers to do. Right now I'm clueless..
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

starxo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:16 pm Yes I have been in contact with PMDG, but since this is now also happening to default aircraft I came to the conclusion that this has nothing with certain developers to do. Right now I'm clueless..
"These problems caused me to do a fresh install of the latest version of P3D hoping to get rid of the problems."

Did you follow these debugging steps and test before adding addons?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
NazDuru

Post by NazDuru »

Problems back again, loading default aircraft and still same issue, loading default then FSLABS A320 makes no difference now.
starxo

Post by starxo »

Naz, tried sending you some pm's, not sure if they got stuck in my outbox though. Also, I have tried all steps but havent started a new, detailed thread in the forums due to lack of time. As for now, it seems like I can only keep testing and report back if I come up with something...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello NazDuru and starxo

Are you using the most up to Date FSSpotlight Build ? Read the Notes at the bottom

Have you run the Addonn Manager again after Installing any FSDT products you may have ?

Have you the Latest FSUIPC build Installed ?

========================

Have you tried Disabling all your Add On Entry's in your dll.xml file ?

You can Disable them all at once by changing the Entry at the Top of your dll.xml file (The Header Code)

By changing this...

<Disabled>False</Disabled> To this <Disabled>TRUE</Disabled>

This will turn off all your Entry's at once

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

Launch Prepar3D and test, If your Issue is gone, Then change the above back to False doing this you will turn them all back on.

Then go through each one of the Entries One by One Changing to True, Launch Prepar3D and test, "If" the Issue is in your dll.xml file you may find the problem Entry this way

==============

For more Information about your dll.xml file and everything Prepar3D related, Click the Link in my Signature, Prepar3D Guide 1.0.0
NazDuru

Post by NazDuru »

Really really appreciate the reply, me and starxo will do some testing. I will update you guys on Friday this week when i am on my PC.

Thanks.
CaptBMckay

Post by CaptBMckay »

This issue just started for me yesterday. I didnt do any major changes but some windows updates. Not sure if that is related. I just want to fly. I soent all day trying everything and nothing worked. I am in the process of going through each dll until I find the culprit. Funny thing is, I think its windows
Last edited by CaptBMckay on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptBMckay

Post by CaptBMckay »

This issue just started for me yesterday. I didnt do any major changes but some windows updates. Not sure if that is related. I just want to fly. I soent all day trying everything and nothing worked. I am in the process of going through each dll until I find the culprit. Funny thing is, I think its windows. Like OP says, its only with complex addons like PMDG and Aersoft Airbus ib my case. I am baffled
CaptBMckay

Post by CaptBMckay »

ok, OP so last night, I ran a checkdisk command and SFC check. This morning I tried it and it seems to be working. I think maybe this issue could have been related to some recent windows updates that jacked a system file up and somehow affected P3D. I also rebuilt the weather Ini which is in the App data Roaming Prepared3D folder. Try that and let me know what happens because I had the same exact problem as you. I am still testing but right now it works.
NazDuru

Post by NazDuru »

The day that it occured, i had no major changes too, same day i did Larnaca to Heathrow in the FSLABS A320 payware scenery. When i stretched the GSX menu to select a gate upon arrival i recieved an NTL.DLL CTD, pretty sure just a random crash because my installtion of P3D V3.4 was pretty new and i have done a lot of flights with the same scenerios just different airports activated. Restarted the sim, Heathrow to Larnaca...climbing out AP2 on, squawk ident, open climb xx - my aircraft starts banking hard left falling out of the sky, ezdok is stuck, controls not working...paused the sim, restarted ezdok as admin and tried to open FSUIPC and it didn't work.

Restarted the sim loading up a default aircraft, sim worked fine, loaded the FSLABS A320 straight afterwards in the same scenerio and was working fine. I then tried loading a payware aircraft directly, aircraft loads fine (normal startup screen before scenerio loads in) and i can see GSX begin to load airport cache then immediately stops, nothing is working. Restarted the sim again and tried loading a default aircraft then the FSLABS and was working fine as before, did two flights during the same day (with sim restarts)....very next day my default aircraft experience addons from menu to stop working - only changes made was deactivating and activating some airports.

CaptBMckay,
- Did you try to deactivate all of your addons from your DLL.XML file? If so, external weather programs and camera addon such as active sky and ezdok were working? For payware aircraft too? im curious to try this out when i am next on my PC, when i was last on my pc, my weather (ASN) loads in however when i close it the weather does not reset to default like it should do and i can actually move my camera view (ezdok v1) for the same time as when GSX is loading airport cache (which is like 2-3 seconds)

- What were the last addons installed? Any similar to mine mentioned above? This was second time installing an incompatible scenery from Aerosoft being holiday V2 (installed using EMT), when I usually have sim problems, uninstalling the last addons installed usually works but in this case it made no difference of course.

- There are some backup files of DLL.XML files made by addon preinstallations and EMT for example, notice any differences from current DLL.XML file, i did not