Second monitor from networked PC

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Demious

Post by Demious »

I know this has been asked before, but I've been looking around and I cant find the topic or the right keywords to make it come up...

I know there's a very common program for P3D with a whole other main function, but it also has the option to run 2 monitors from 2 networked PCs. Each monitor from it's own dedicated pc, that is.

Could someone please tell me which program that is?
Celis

Post by Celis »

jimcooper1

Post by jimcooper1 »

Celis

Post by Celis »

Totally forgot about that one Jim.. Opus is great
Demious

Post by Demious »

Opus is indeed the one I was talking about.
I had a go at it with the demo, I even had a friend uninstall his P3D because I needed to run a separate version on each computer, only to find out that the client mostly only shows pictures and most gauges and controls in the VC dont follow what's happening in the server VC, so it's not fit for running a clone of the server's VC panel view at all. I tried to make the panel view the server and the environment the client, but that get's so unpractical and I'm missing so many functions in controlling my view and aircraft functions over both computers... Opus is meant for displaying the environment/outside view on a client only, not for projecting a clone of the VC on another computer.

I'm going to have a look at Wideview and hope that this one can indeed put a clone of the server VC on the second PC, if not I owe my friend a fresh installation of his system, without any benefit for me at all.
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

let me know how you get on, I want to build an f35 cockpit using hud on one pc and the glass panel on another, prefferably glass panel one the lowest spec pc not the main one
Demious

Post by Demious »

I'll keep you in the loop, Hermes. :)

Meanwhile, I read that P3D has it's own multichannel setup options and I would like to have a look at this as well, but I also find that so many people cant find how to get this done. The only thing I can actually find is a drawing of a multichannel network, which is taken from the P3D learning center, but still no explanation on how to setup anything and I cant find this page in the learning center at all.
Apparently I'm not the only one, since I find plenty of people asking about where to find instructions, but no answers...

Could someone tell me where I find information on how to use P3D's own multichannel function?
Demious

Post by Demious »

Hermes, you're looking for multiple views in/from the same cockpit, right? I've been banging my head on my desk for overlooking the simplest way to do this, so if you're inclined to do so, I've already done it for you. :P

Of course, connect the PCs you want to use over your private network. From your main PC, start a private multiplayer session for shared cockpit. From your secondary PC(s? I tried with just 2 PCs, so I cant tell you if you can connect more...), join the session, logging in with the IP address from the main PC and you can setup different views of the same cockpit and everything in it is synchronized over both your computers.

Jim, I found post about using multiple computers and one of your replies pointed me at this method. Thanks dude! :D

I'm still going to check out how multi-channel works to see if can help me get more out of this type of setup and if I find out more I'll post it, but I'm already there where I wanted to be with this multiplayer setup.