disappointed by Prepar3d v2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ghostman44

Postby ghostman44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 am

Hello, I am really disappointed by Prepar3d v2 I expected in deserving one successor of FSX but regrettably nothing of that. I regret bitterly my purchase :(

flying-w

Postby flying-w » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:48 am

Perhaps you could describe why your experience has not been a happy one? Maybe the ongoing development of Prepar3D both in 2.1 and beyond will address that. No need to regret your purchase as I understand LM offer refunds.

Simon

ghostman44

Postby ghostman44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:05 am

Hello simon, I have many of addon for FSX and none is compatible with Prepar3d v2. Example fspassenger with which I makes quite my flights(thefts) FSX, scenes(stages) FranceVFR settles down but after he(it) says that there is a problem.. Plane PMDG the 737ngx and 777 are incompatible, thus that's why I regret my purchase a lot. I uninstalled him(it) and I left on FSX. Sorry for the strike(typing) but I am French

Saul

Postby Saul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:22 am

If you're having technical problems then you need to say what is wrong?

The LM team are extremely busy dealing with technical issues and may not have the time to reply to all of the posts each day.

They do try and reply to as many as possible and some of the team are even replying to the forums from their homes at nights and weekends.

There's no need to suffer in regret LM do indeed have a 60 day refund policy.

I for one of many are extremely happy with P3Dv2 I get better FPS than FSX and its never looked so good or run so smoothly.

The PMDG aircraft is not licensed for P3D any version ;) Its well know and PMDG make sure each and every purchaser clicks yes to the agreement

That they will install only in FSX and their products can only be used for "Entertainment"

They are developing new aircraft for P3D but they will require a separate purchase.

Regards,

Saul.

flying-w

Postby flying-w » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 am

Quote:

Quote from ghostman44 on December 12, 2013, 05:05

Hello simon, I have many of addon for FSX and none is compatible with Prepar3d v2. Example fspassenger with which I makes quite my flights(thefts) FSX, scenes(stages) FranceVFR settles down but after he(it) says that there is a problem.. Plane PMDG the 737ngx and 777 are incompatible, thus that's why I regret my purchase a lot. I uninstalled him(it) and I left on FSX. Sorry for the strike(typing) but I am French

To offer you the prespective from an add-on developer, P3D V2 goes along way towards backwards compatibility. Take my product STB for instance, the P3D version mostly works with V2, but I have some changes to make to make it fully compatible. All takes time I'm afraid as I have to maintain compatibility with FSX at the same time and ensure one version does not mess with an other. It's early days yet (and my stutters not withstanding) P3D V2 has a lot to offer. It will be an intersting journey in 2014.

Keep enjoying FSX, it's far from dead, and I'm sure before too long P3D and it's add-ons will have what you are looking for.

Simon

Burkhard

Postby Burkhard » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 am

Yes - every modification of an addon for a changed sim needs lot of work - it is far too early to understand what can be kept, what needs to be changed, and what needs to be dropped. Most addons can be made working for P3D V2 I expect, if the developers are still around and willing to spend the usual 1000 hours of work for a normal test cycle for a niche product... Hi Simon happy to meet you again.

lionheart

Postby lionheart » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 am

Simon,

Might it be that the simulator is doing quite well, but the addons aren't able to run in it?

I am sure product updates will be out soon that will repair the addons to be able to run nicely in V2.

ghostman44

Postby ghostman44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 am

Thank you has you all for your answers anyway I stay on FSX because very disappointed not Prepar3d.

As I uninstalled Prepar3d v2 J' asked on refunds@prepar3d.comsi if it was possible to pay off me, to see

Thank you has you

ghostman44

Postby ghostman44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 am

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”