MultiChannel

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
walther001

Post by walther001 »

Hi All,

First off, I really think Prepar3D is much, much smoother then FSX..

I have an own build home cockpit, BUT its more build on performance then on being a real cockpit.. Just some Saitek stuff etc, but my pc's are pretty good with SSD's and OC'd to 4,4ghz.

Anyways I bought Prepar3d because I'm studying PPL and it just needs to be smoother.. The Matrox makes the left and right screen in the turns just with too much stutters..

And Prepar3D on the first go, without CFG tweeking was very, very smooth! so +1!

But..

Multichannel is kicking my behind.. I cannot get it working.. And to be honest I am a noob I think..

So apoligizing upfront for what is going to be a couple of very stupid questions.

My setup which I want to recreate:

The master that runs all the addons for traffic, VOXATC etc.. it has one screen and showing the VC and nothing else.. Second PC is the Matrox with VC outside view. ( kept the VC as winddrift will show with the nosetip)

Is this still possible? Master showing virtual Cockpit with the cockpit and then run second on outside VC?

Deleted and adjusted from the original post on this forum:

** I was not able to get it working in the network.. And didn't know what to expect on how it would work.. The CFG files and the commandlines were added like described in the LearningCentre..**

My first SimIG file.

The SimIG.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0" id="SimIG">

<Filename>SimIG.xml</Filename>

<SimIG.MasterView>

<ViewOriginID>1</ViewOriginID>

<VerticalFOV>90</VerticalFOV>

<HorizontalFOV>90</HorizontalFOV>

</SimIG.MasterView>

<SimIG.SlaveSetup>

<NamePrefix>FLIGHTSIM-PC</NamePrefix>

<GridSpan>3,1</GridSpan>

<SpanType>EQUAL_ANGLE</SpanType>

</SimIG.SlaveSetup>

</SimBase.Document>

Sorry again for the loveletter size..

Cheers and thanks upfront,

Walther!
walther001

Post by walther001 »

Right, so I added the Multiplayer lines into the Prepar3d.CFG and it fixed te issue..

So next to the .CFG files you need to add according to the Learning centre do not forget to add these lines in the Prepar3D.cfg in the User\Roaming\ folders!

Now my FPS dropped by about 60%..?

And my Master has the Virtual Zoom on only 30%. -> Due to the SimIG.xml showing VOF 120!

But we have a go so now its testing and adjusting time..

Let me know of any tips..

cheers.

Walther
walther001

Post by walther001 »

Another update.

Maybe this should be in another forum (or deleted) on the other hand, I have done a lot with FSX and I thought that this was hard even when reading the forum on Multi-Channel. The LearningCentre doesnt describe the "Noobs" on how to do it in full ,like adding the Network.cfg lines also in the main Prepar3D.cfg.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0" id="SimIG">

<Filename>SimIG.xml</Filename>

<SimIG.MasterView>

<VerticalFOV>33</VerticalFOV>

<HorizontalFOV>33</HorizontalFOV>

</SimIG.MasterView>

<SimIG.SlaveSetup>

<NamePrefix>FLIGHTSIM-PC</NamePrefix>

<GridSpan>3,1</GridSpan>

<SpanType>EQUAL_ANGLE</SpanType>

</SimIG.SlaveSetup>

</SimBase.Document>

This is what my .xml looksl ike now.. My FPS was up to about 60fps on the master and 40fps on the Slave..

But still stutters on the left and right screens and not on the middle. Weird because with less fps and as standalone no stutters whatsoever..

I had the Master at 45 vert & Hor, but changed it to 30 and now 33, and the fps dropped to about 19fps with more stutters..

Changed it back to the 45, but frames remained at 19-20fps with some more stutters..

So still a lot of tweeking to do..
walther001

Post by walther001 »

Any comments?
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Try setting the Monitor refresh rate to 60Hz, and locking P3D's Frame rate to 30 FPS ( ie exactly 1/2 the Monitor update rate)

walther001

Post by walther001 »

Did some extensive testing... But whatever I do, the fps will go up, but I'm keep having stutters.. But when Wideview is installed and running it is giving a lot better results.. Fps is better and the smoothness is fantastic... So I am lost! Everybody is more happier with Multichannel and agrees it gives better result.. Ok so here come the questions:

Videocard on Master is a Nvidea 550 ti (crappy) video card on the slave is a Nvidea 470 gtx with TH2GO. Could updating the masters Video card help out?

Something weird, installed MyTraffic but it never showed Traffic on the master with or without the multiplayer.. Even new .cfg and re-install of Mytraffic didn't do the trick.. On the slave however it works perfectly.

Same for REX2 exact same situation.. Could this mean somethng?

Re-installing P3D now on the master.. That might help?
walther001

Post by walther001 »

Found the issue with MyTraffic, Wideview and Widetraffic.. Easy to adjust DLL.xml etc..

Going to invest in my pc's again.. Also buying the new gtx 680. My current GTX470 is fully a 100% utilized, even when OC'd to 750mhz. So there might be something there.. Will then try multichannel again, but so far it is no match for Wideview. Hope somebody will tell me something different..
adamjedgar

Post by adamjedgar »

I'm a newbie at multichannel and cannot find decent wiki tutorials on setting it up...and right now, I'm not following u. U say u are using multichannel, then u talk about wide view? Isn't multichannel, multiple pc's. What has that got to do with wide view exactly?