asm2air.exe Virus Alert

fanavion

Postby fanavion » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:18 pm

there is a virus alert from from my G-Dta Anti Virus program for asm2air.exe. For the version included in the current SDK as well for an older version. Engine A reports: Virus Gen:Variant.Kazy.15183

Though I do think asm2air.exe just has a similar signature to this virus and it is a false alarm I´m cautious and think I should dicuss it here.

Carl

fanavion

Postby fanavion » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 am

I contacted G-Data the publisher of my anti-virus software and asked them for help. It was easier than anticipated with an instant reply. Excellent service. They will check this issue and if necesary change their scan engine in the next update.

Carl

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Carl,

I just took a quick look through the source to see if there was anything that could be triggering the virus alert and did not see anything obvious. It is likely just an issue with their definitions. Thank you for contacting G-Data. Please let us know any information you get back from them and if there is anything we can do.

Have a good one,

Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

fanavion

Postby fanavion » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

G-Data checked the issue. It was a false alarm. They modified their software. I did an update with the new virus signatures . No more virus alarm for asm2air.exe on my system :).

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for doing that Carl! That is really useful for the community!

John

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”