Model Placer tool

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

Hi. I wondered if you could add a little more info about the Model Placer tool. In FSX I currently use Instant Scenery 2 as a model placer, so I would like to know if it works in a similar fashion. Do you have some screenshots of the software in use or perhaps a tutorial of some kind. Thanks.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

I don't think we've made any significant changes to model placer tool, so it should work exactly the way it did for FSX. I'm not familiar with Instant Scenery 2, but Prepar3D is compatible with FSX scenery so you could probably continue to use it.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

OK. Thanks for the quick reply.

simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

Thanks Atorque! Let's hope that. I'm gonna send them an e-mail. Instant Scenery is such a time saver that I can't imagine using anything else for dressing up my scenery.
beatle

Post by beatle »

Also depends on which model placer tool you are asking about. There's the Object Placement Tool (OPT) included in the SDK and also used to create missions, which is pretty much unchanged since FSX-SP2/ESPv1. Then there's the Model Placer tool available from the Products menu above, which is a command line tool and a companion to the Model Converter tool available on the same menu above (and that's about all I know about it).

Tim
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

Thanks Tim. I was referring to the addon you sell for $29.95.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Sorry for the confusion. I got the names mixed up.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect