PDK: attaching an object disables property triggering

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Pax_1601

PDK: attaching an object disables property triggering

Post by Pax_1601 »

Hello everyone!

I am trying to attach a simObject to an other simObject using the IBaseObject AttachObject method. The attachment works perfectly, however when I perform it, I can no longer set some properties using the TriggerProperty method.
E.g., I can set the "GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION:1" property but not the "RUDDER PEDAL POSITION" one. If the attachment is not performed, I can set all the properties with no issues. To me, it looks like some properties are freezed when AttachObject is called. If I call AttachObject at high frequency, I can set all properties, but the two objects are no longer correctly attached (the attached object "lags" behing the master object).

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug or known behaviour?

Thank you for your help!
Pax_1601

Re: PDK: attaching an object disables property triggering

Post by Pax_1601 »

Some additional information.
I am developing on P3D Professional v4.5.13.32097 on a Windows 10 64bit machine.
I have also tried to attach the object using SimConnect, as well as trying to set the variables with it, with no change compared to what said before.

Thanks for your help.
Davide