Object rendering in multiple windows/cameras

obrian.cox

Object rendering in multiple windows/cameras

Postby obrian.cox » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello again everyone,

I am trying to figure out how one might use the PDK to render an object inside the virtual cockpit of a secondary window, opened at runtime by another add-on, without the object being rendered in the main view. I have two windows, each with the "virtual cockpit" camera definition. One window is a VR HMD view, and the other is a standard view. I want the object to render inside the VR space, but not in the standard space.

I've noticed that if I have the VR space set to the "Virtual Cockpit Only" view, the standard window will still render the object but the VR space will not, so I know at the very least that the object is not tied directly to the VC.

I'm just wondering if there is a setting or flag somewhere in the Window, Camera or Rendering services that will control visibility based on the window/camera being rendered, as I am unable to find anything that's obvious.

obrian.cox

Re: Object rendering in multiple windows/cameras

Postby obrian.cox » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:51 pm

It may be worth to note that I am using the PdkServices GetObjectRenderer() method to draw the object. Specifically, a sphere. I'm not sure if it's better for me to create a separate ISimObject entirely or not.

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”