Visual FX Tool causing crash on p3d.

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
cartayna

Visual FX Tool causing crash on p3d.

Post by cartayna »

hello!
I am still running p3dv4.4, i installed the SDK for v4.5 (could not find the previous for 4.4), after installing the sdk i wanted to give a shot to this tool (VFXTool), added the folder to the addons folder (activated the addon upon entering p3d) and once i load the effect of fx_ForestFire.fx and pressed the "do effect".. P3d crashes.

Can anybody tell me what am i doing wrong?

I am going nuts with SimDirector and wanted to use this option to see if is easier to place dyn lights. Sim Director is so erratic. Sometimes i place an obejct, export it as smxl, try to then compile it to BGL with the simdirector tool, and nothing happens. this is so complicated.
Simbol

Re: Visual FX Tool causing crash on p3d.

Post by Simbol »

The Visual FX Tool privide by the SDK can only work with the corresponding version of the simulator.

In other words, you cannot use the Visual FX tool version 4.5 with P3D 4.4, you need to upgrade your simulator client to 4.5 in order to use it.

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
cartayna

Re: Visual FX Tool causing crash on p3d.

Post by cartayna »

thanks mate!.