How can I add an Icon, which likes the Icon in the SimDirector, to the SimObject in the Prepar3D?

reyad__007

How can I add an Icon, which likes the Icon in the SimDirector, to the SimObject in the Prepar3D?

Postby reyad__007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello,

I want to add Icons to the SimObjects, such as User Aircraft, AI Aircraft and so on, in the Prepar3D.
It seems like the Icons in the SimDirector.

The PDK provided the Icon Service. I tested the CustomIcon project in the PDK samples. I finded the Icons in the map, but did not find in the Prepar3D.

Can I create the Icons, like the SimDirector's Icons, using the Icon Service?

Thank you for answering.

From Reyad.

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: How can I add an Icon, which likes the Icon in the SimDirector, to the SimObject in the Prepar3D?

Postby Brady Butler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Hello reyad__007,

To see icons in 3D space in Prepar3D, while Prepar3D is running, click Navigation->Navigation Visuals->Enable Facility Visuals ->Icons.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

reyad__007

Re: How can I add an Icon, which likes the Icon in the SimDirector, to the SimObject in the Prepar3D?

Postby reyad__007 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Thank you for your reply,Brady.

The default Icons have displayed in the Prepar3D. Now,I want to change the texture of the Icons.

I used Photoshop creating a new BMP file which is the same to the default texture. The default textures are 512x512 pixels and 32 bit depth.

I can find the new Icons in the map, But the new Icons did not display in the Prepar3D.

Even, the default texture was saved as BMP file by using the Photoshop, but the new Icons saved through the default texture can be found in the map, but not in the Prepar3D.

I was wondering if there is any format requirements in the Icons, which can be displayed in the Prepar3D.

Thank you again for your help and instruction.

Best wishes and kind regards

Reyad

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello reyad__007,

The current texture format supported is 32-bit BMP format with an alpha channel, according to the documentation here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/refe ... ation.html

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”