Trackhat (Track IR alternative) help please!

Hunor

Trackhat (Track IR alternative) help please!

Postby Hunor » Thu May 25, 2017 6:49 am

Dear Members,

How can I make TrackHat work with Prepar3D (version 3.4)? I installed OpenTrack and CL-Eye. Head tracking works fine.
However, I cannot figure out how to "connect" this device with Prepar. I also installed the Prepar3D v3 SDK.
Unfortunately, TrackHat support refuses to answer my tickets.

Do I need to copy anything into the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3 subfolder?

I searched YouTube and other forums. No help either. No step-by-step description of what, where and why.

Thank you.

pillack01

Re: Trackhat (Track IR alternative) help please!

Postby pillack01 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 am

How can I make TrackHat work with Prepar3D (version 3.4)? I installed OpenTrack and CL-Eye. Head tracking works fine.
However, I cannot figure out how to "connect" this device with Prepar. I also installed the Prepar3D v3 SDK.
Unfortunately, TrackHat support refuses to answer my tickets.
Hi!

A solution for your problem, I unfortunately can not deliver, but give a hint. Do you know the HeadTracker FaceTrackNoIR? These tracker I have been using for the flight simulator for a long time. First for the FS2004, then for the FSX, and later for P3DV1 / 2/3/4.

In the P3DV4 version, there were problems recently. These are now eliminated. Because the developer of FreeTrackNoIR (Wim) has programmed a new SimConnect version and everything works as usual again. Personally I use the FaceTrack API. The tracker supports much more protocols: PointTracking, TOBI, Oculus, Hatire Arduino etc.

For me, FreeTrack has become indispensable, I would not want to do without it.
Christian Bahr
Developer

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”