SimConnect_RequestGroundInfoOnSimObject Returns?

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
hbanks

Post by hbanks »

In reviewing the SDK docs for the SimConnect_RequestGroundInfoOnSimObject function, the Return Values listed are S_OK or E_FAIL. I realize the line above the table reads "... but are not limited to.." so my assumption is that there are other returns.

It seems that I saw somewhere in other areas of the documentation that a pointer to an array was returned and want to verify that this is indeed how to get to the data.
smguest

Post by smguest »

I think I have the same question in that how do I use this function call to get terrain elevation data? I can understand the arguments but since the function returns only a pass fail, where is the pointer/structure/array that contains the data I requested?

Burkhard

Post by Burkhard »

Shouldn't that be something you receive, so it has nothing to do with the request call and what it returns, but what you receive. I cannot say if it is a SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObject or another structure that eventually comes back...
hbanks

Post by hbanks »

So, how do I set up the data structure that eventually does come back and how do I read it?