Question about parameters in AICreateObjectWithExternalSim....

mambulo82

Postby mambulo82 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Prepar3D and I'm EXTREMELY interested in the External Sims that you have here...however I already read the SDK section about External Sims and the sample provided.

However, there isn't much reference about the usage of:

AICreateObjectWithExternalSim

1) FIRST QUESTION:

I want to know how to "built" these parameters:

Code:

[i] const char * szExternalSimParams,
DWORD dwExternalSimVarCount[/i]

Also, I would like to know if they are OPTIONAL to the API call?...

Can anyone give me a sample of using these two parameters?.....Is that something like:

Code:

szExternalSimParams = "PLANE LATITUDE, PLANE LONGITUDE, PLANE ALTITUDE, PLANE PITCH DEGREES";

...????

...Is that a string with SIMULATION VARIABLEs separated by commas "," ? and dwExternalSimVarCount is the TOTAL number of Simulation Variables that are separated by commas ","?....

.....Or is it something different?

Are these parameters OPTIONAL? for call the API?...can i have them NULL and 0 BOTH?....and still have a SUCCESSFULL call on the AICreateObjectWithExternalSim API?

2) SECOND QUESTION:

Just asking to confirm:

After calling: AICreateObjectWithExternalSim

....My SimConnect client will receive a:

SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_ASSIGNED_OJBECT_ID

...then a:

SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EXTERNAL_SIM_CREATE

...In that ORDER!, is that correct?

3) THIRD QUESTION:

Just as a confirmation:

Is AICreateObjectWithExternalSim used for use PRIMARY external sim on the NEW AI object that I'm creating right? (NOT SECONDARY external sim)...

4) FOURTH QUESTION:

For use the "AICreateObjectWithExternalSim" API do I need to setup the SIMOBJECT files with the ExternalSim line in the CONFIGURATION FILE (Aircraft.cfg)?...

or Can I use that API call with *ANY* SIMOBJECT that NOT neccesary have the ExternalSim line within it's CFG file?...

NOTE: I hope i was clear on my questions and sorry by my English and the BOLDs used in the post...just wanted to remark some parts of some questions....THANKS! :)

Thanks to anyone that could reply this post! :)

Manuel

Return to “SimConnect Interface Questions”